Continuous map loop problem.

Chainy

Hi there. I'm sure this is the result of me installing something in the wrong order but as I don't know which program is causing it, I'm finding it hard to troubleshoot. Though I have searched.

If I launch oblivion via the obse_loader in my oblivion directory, or via the OBSE launcher (using the 'with obse' option), my game never loads the main menu, continuing to loop on the cyrodiil map. This doesn't happen if I have obse installed alone.

The only things that I do currently have installed are boss, obmm, obse, obge, standalone bash, the obse universal silent voice as well as all of the official content and the unofficial patch and mod patch. I'm running GOTY edition.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you very much for the reply.

I have tried it with the plugin both enabled and disabled to no avail.

I forgot to mention that my keyboard and mouse dont respond whilst the menu is looping, I have to use task managaer to shut oblivion down. I can escape past the bethesda logos prior to that just fine though.

This has been driving me crazy all day!

Edited by Chainy

Is Oblivion installed in C:\Program Files\... or C:\Program Files (x86) by any chance? If so the Microsoft security feature UAC will cause grief once you start modding Oblivion (it doesn't interfere until you add mods or utilities like OBSE ... anything that changes vanilla Oblivion).

It is installed to program files as I had more trouble installing it elsewhere.

I'm running windows 7 and I haven't had any issues with UAC at all. It's also turned off. OBSE worked fine by itself until I installed some of the other utilities.

OK ... with UAC turned off it's not your problem ... just trying to shorten the possibilities by eliminating one of the most common gotcha's.

When you say:

This doesn't happen if I have obse installed alone.

do you mean when OBSE and Oblivion are the only two things installed (vs when OBMM BOSS OBGE etc are also installed)?

When you say:

This doesn't happen if I have obse installed alone.

do you mean when OBSE and Oblivion are the only two things installed (vs when OBMM BOSS OBGE etc are also installed)?

Yes. :)

Edit: If I remove the the contents of the obse/plugins directory, oblivion loads just fine. Is there a preferred way of installing the .dll other than manually?

Edited by Chainy