Deadly Reflex v 5 Problems

OleWilliams

Recently installed Deadly Reflex v 5. ( Because deadly reflex v 6 changes every single move you try and the animations clip over and over ). And I went through the in game set up. Set a bash key. Set a dodge key as well.

And I have 2 problems right now.

For one it never asked to set a kick key. And it alluded it was called the " grab key " . So I assume it is supposed to be the button you grab items with in game. And that does not let me kick people.

The other problem. Is when using the dodge key to duck it most often will take my slightly out of 1st person or just not work. Every once in a while it will work in first person and there is a animation so it should be working.

If any one can offer any advice this is one of the last problems left that I have before the core of my mods can work . ( FCOM + general game play / combat changes ).

Any ideas?

Not sure what your asking? First off im quite sure there is no kick in V5 of DR. Second of all V6 is the best version and INCLUDES a Kick. Animations should not clip, if they do. Reinstall and make sure your NOT running any other replacers, NO SV, Combat moves or Adrenline combat. If you plan to use DMC replacers, INSTALL DR6 FIRST than add DMC over top, this will overwrite DR V6's 3rd person animations which are lame (but im sure how the animations look was not the main purpose of V6) but also keep the first person working as intended. If animations or DR V6 is still not working after doing the following reinstall the game, and ONLY use DR V6. DONT Upgrade. Im sure this is why your game is partly broken. The safest bet is a CLEAN install of DR so dont jump from V5 to V6 or vise versa. Also READ the README. Keys are set in INI file for V6

Well I guess I said the problem wrong.

First I installed V6. Uninstalled. And installed v5.

The reason I uninstalled V6 is because it replaces the first person animation for all power attacks. And it makes walking really bouncy as well, plus it changes the way you hold weapons. I don't mind the new way of holding weapons that mutch, but the reason I don't like the new first person animations is because none of them have shoulders. Theres always a little missing part of the arm that really bugs me. This is in V5 as well but V5 only adds in new animations instead of replacing them. ( bash key ) . So I don't mind.

It's not that the animations don't work it's that the arms on them are missing shoulders. And it's been like that for every new animation added in any deadly reflex I have ever installed. Maybe Im the only one who notices it or theres a fix. If there is a fix that would be great.

V5 does include a kick. Or the readme says it does. And it says it's on the " grab key " and I believe I have got it working before on a previous install of oblivion.

My game is not really broken at all. I can uninstall either version and it works fine. It doesn't even break when I use deadly reflex. Decap/ cutting in half still works in v5 ( didn't test v6 ).

The only problems I have are that I can't duck ( dodge ) and it takes me out of first person if I try to. And I can't kick. And that's in v5.

If you know if there is a fix for the animations in v6 let me know.

• 3 weeks later...
Don't know if anyone else has answered you yet, but in DR v5 you can only kick (with grab key, default is "z") after causing your opponent to stumble/stagger, so after a successful bash or blocked power attack is a good time to try it.