Microsofts vision for PC gaming.

JimboUK

Windows and Office has been Microsoft's core for a long time. Windows and Office are huge. Saying "Windows and Office are the only things keeping Microsoft solvent" is kinda like saying "hamburgers are the only things keeping McDonalds solvent."

End users aren't going to be paying (directly, anyway) for the features I outlined. It'll be something like DirectX. Heck, it may even get built right into DirectX.

@jim_uk:

Thanks for sharing that video. http://www.thenexusforums.com/public/style_emoticons/dark/tongue.gif

If the video were my only guide, I'd say the "future of gaming" looks to me a lot like a high-res version of the Dark Ages of gaming.

That video was just creepy! Thank Goodness that fture predictions never come out as predicted. THAT would be my worst nightare.

As to Microsoft and PC gaming: it is just

http://static.divbyzero.nl/facepalm/doublefacepalm.jpg

nuff said.

You do realize, PC gaming wouldn't be what it is without Microsoft right? I'm not trying to be some sort of cheerleader here, but do remember that Microsoft has made huge contributions to PC gaming.

There is huge money to be made there that's for sure. Why shouldn't MS tap into that market? But appearently branching out to more people is considered bad these days.

If there was ever a company that didn't care about making profits, they would be bust right now. Companies are doing what the shareholders want them to do; make money and most of these people have familes or are retired.

I doubt anyone is questioning the concept of market economics here, the question is what Microsoft are hoping to accomplish in entering a market that's already heavily dominated by well established actors. With more and more publishers joining forces with Steamworks I have a hard time seeing why Windows PC gamers would bother with this WGX.

Unless they integrate it in Windows 8 and force everyone to use it.

That just might be what they'll do. Or slip it into a service pack.

Off Topic: I just noticed the sheep are running backwards in broke's sig. :blink: