A Clean Start!

Baphomet

Well I finally decided to retire my faithful character and start a brand new game. New Race, new Class, new Birthsign, the whole nine yards. Purged my system of all my old mods, did a clean install and started a new game from scratch. It was time.

And this time I swear to you all... NO CHEATING. Honestly. I've learned my lesson and now I know, using the console may be fun for a while, but in the end I was only robbing myself. Having played a couple days with Lvl 1 character and resisting the urge to use "cheats" has already shown me the error of my ways. No adding gold, no buffing my stats, nothing (crosses heart). Difficult, yes (using Adventurers 3.0 from the very start really DOES make things more interesting!) ... but my gawd I am having such much more FUN.

I also trimmed what was a pretty substantial list of running plug-ins (160 or so in my "old" game) to a tighter, leaner total of 50. In having done so I realized that while MW is truly awesome in and of itself (certainly no doubt about that), what equals or surpasses that, in my opinion, is the sheer talent and generosity of the entire modding community.

Every one of the 50 plug-ins I have now is, IMO, awesome; whether it's huge - adding a whole new dimension to gameplay (i.e. Adventurer's 3.0) - makes some minor "tweak" to the game - like removing those annoying blue swirls on enchanted items - or a complex questing mod that stumps me, intrigues me, or makes me jump out of my seat - each one is something that I could not even begin to do myself, cost somebody, somewhere, their own personal time and effort to create, test and upload, and then was passed along to me, free of charge. That's mighty freakin' cool in my book.

So in closing, I guess I just wanted to say thanks to everyone who makes mods - big or small: I've taken much and given little if anything but thanks in return. But my thanks you DO have... in spades. You never cease to amaze and impress me with your creativity and artistic ability (both of which I envy immensely). You have enriched my MW experience tremendously, to the point where I simply would not want to play Morrowind without including the fruits of your efforts.

Sincerely,

~ Baphomet

Could you make a (even partial) list of the 50 mods you have chosen? I personally use only mods that:

A) Somehow improve the graphics (i.e. Rhedd's Heads, Realistic Colour Config for Morrowind, Landscape Remix)

B ) Fix some bugs;

C) Tweak some aspects of the game (Real Time Mod, Weight Fix,

Nighttime Door Locks)

D) Add some "minor" things to the game (Cloak Collection, Textured Signs, Cloak and Dagger.)

As you can see I do not use any mod which adds races, birthsigns

or anything, because I believe that it would make the game inconsistent and spoil the intentions of the authors. I do not use

any quest mod either, but mostly because I am afraid of hideous

and frequent misspellings, or of inconsistencies that would spoil

the sense of realism I feel when playing the game. What do you think? What are the best quality mods you have played with?

Could you make a (even partial) list of the 50 mods you have chosen?

What do you think? What are the best quality mods you have played with?

Well, here's the list of plug-ins that made my final cut (in alphabetical order):

100classes.esp

* AbuManor v1.3.esp

Additions_Revamped__clean_.esp

Adventurers_tribunal.esp

Allclasses.esp

* Amulets and Rings.esp

Armor Mannequin.esp

* AtmosphericSoundEffects-3.0.esp

AtmosphericSoundEffects-3.0-Tribunal.esp

BalmoraAdds.esp

Birthsigns.esp

Clean Savantpack1.esp

Clean skeleton Island V2.10.esp

Cliffracer -- Remover.esp

DynamicMagickaRegeneration-2.0-Tribunal.esp

Farrp_WeaponCompilationMod_V1.esp

Farrp_WeaponCompilationMod_V1_NoLegendWeps.esp

* Fix_typos.esp

Flowing cape.esp

* Glass_Gauntlets.esp

Join All Houses.esp

Killgore's Home Furnishings v1.1.esp

* LandscapeRemix_v2.esp

Merchants.esp

* ModMan_windowlights_full_2.esp

MultiMark.esp

MultiMark_TribunalPlugin.esp

MW_A01.esp

* New Npc Replacer 3.50.esm

* Potions.esp

* RealSignposts.esp

* Re-coloured Ebony and Dwarven.esp

* Scrollsv1.1.esp

Seyda_neen_expanded_01.esp

Silgrad_Tower_BetaONE(build1.0.007).esp

Sn_FastTravelbySea v1.0.esp

SpzInteriorDaylight.esp

SpzStartingEquipment.esp

Super_adventurers302.esp

Tenience's Rare Items.esp

The_Swords_of_Morrowind.esp

Time_2x.esp

TirThalor.esp

Tribunal.esm

* Underwater Ruins.esp (Curry Monkeys other recoloring mod)

Wilderness Sounds Tribunal.esp

* Wilderness Sounds.esp

Wraithguard.esp

Zed.esp

As you can see, it's a pretty mixed-bag of stuff and many of them will have aspects to them that you specifically mention would NOT appeal to you, but there you have it.

To answer your second question, all the mods listed are ones that I've played at least for a while, most of them a long while. They're all ones I'm familiar with, that I know "play well together" and appeal to me for some reason or another. And yes, I know that some of them (*cough*ZED*cough*) fly in face of my previous post, but hey... that's just me... I'm a complex person and sometimes I contradict myself like that. Plug-ins that I'm very fond of that I felt would be more in keeping with your particular (i.e. more purist) criteria have an (*) in front of them.

B)

Real time mod makes the time passing in the game the same as the time passing on your clock. Basically, instead of having time pass so swiftly that a whole day goes by within a short amount of "real" time... each minute of real time is a minute of in-game time. :)

-- D

Well you have to remember that Morrowind is a relatively small island... not some massive continent. It's dominated by one very small volcanic mountain. I'd say it's about 2 or 3 miles wide, and maybe the same long. Considering the fact that the average waitress in a restaurant walks nearly 17 miles per 8 hour shift, just moving back and forth between tables and kitchen, I don't think a few minutes to walk from Seyda Neen to Vivec is unrealistic.

-- D

Considering the fact that the average waitress in a restaurant walks nearly 17 miles per 8 hour shift, just moving back and forth between tables and kitchen, I don't think a few minutes to walk from Seyda Neen to Vivec is unrealistic.

Fair point. Id like to also add my own kudos to the modding community along with Daerk. Modders take their own time to produce a product which benefits the community as a whole... plus it takes alot more talent with the editor than i have, which earns people my respect very quickly. So, kudos to the modders *bows head in respect and to check if shoelaces are undone* and keep them coming.

Archived