Favorite Game

Guss

1) EVE Online. No other MMORPG comes even remotely close to matching the depth and player interaction of this game. This is the goal game developers should dream of one day reaching, even if we all know they'll just make another mediocre WoW clone instead.

2) Starfleet Command. Insanely complicated tabletop wargame turns into slightly less complicated PC game. Starship combat is fun, and this game does it best.

3) Morrowind. Oblivion wishes it was half as good as this game. Sure, it's showing its age now, but I have yet to see an RPG that comes anywhere near beating it.

4) Call of Duty (multiplayer only): There has to be a FPS on this list somewhere, and Call of Duty is it. Sure, single player was pretty mediocre and horribly unrealistic (yay for infinitely respawning enemies coming out of a closet), but multiplayer was the best I've seen. It had the right mix of enough action to keep you constantly fighting, and enough realism to make you respect the rifleman, take cover, use flanking tactics, etc.

5) Honorable mention for most hours spent: Diablo II and Counterstrike Source. Sure, they weren't the best ever, but they have one major asset: instant action. No screwing around with pointless plots, finding a good server, etc, when I want some random violence this is what I play.

6) Honorable mention for "could have been amazing, but falls short". Far Cry. Huge open-ended maps, tons of gameplay options, and some of the most fun I've had in a FPS. This game is absolutely amazing, right up until the point where you meet the trigens. And then the realism and careful tactics turn into "empy your whole clip into the generic bullet-sponge one hit kill melee monster, drop your gun, and DO IT AGAIN".

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

These are my favourite games for each platform I have owned, but in almost every case, it's a very close call:

BBCB: Citadel

SNES: Killer Instinct

N64: Shadowman

PS: Soul Reaver

PS2: Primal

XBOX: Morrowind

PC: Thief 2

Here's my little list of favorite games! :D

1. Grim Fandango (Seriously, this game slaps HL 1+2 on it's fingers! :ph34r: )

2. Rome: Total War (Ahh, strategy in it's perfection!)

3. The Suffering: Ties That Bind (For having the most twisted and utterly disgusting enemies ever seen!)

4. Sacrifice (For having the most wierdest creatures I've ever seen...)

5. Oblivion (Not much to say about it. I think you can take care of the rest.)

Plenty more, but I think I would need a longer list... :happy:

Half-Life 1&2 and Episode 1, Halo 1&2, and Gears of War are very cool games too that I like, that I didn't put up on here. This is my new updated games. (In these brackets are what I have the for.)

1. DeadRising (xbox 360) "Is a very very cool and fun game to play. ;) "

2. Gears of War (xbox 360)

3. Rainbow Six Vegas (PC)

4. Oblivion (PC)

5. Dark Messiah (PC)

My favorite game of all time must be Starcraft. I'm still an avid player of the game and i love it's setup. Quick, easy and fast. Second most favorite game is most likely Halo.

My favorite game of all time must be Starcraft. I'm still an avid player of the game and i love it's setup. Quick, easy and fast. Second most favorite game is most likely Halo.

I agree with you all the way. :D StarCraft ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

I agree with you all the way. :D StarCraft ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

No, Starcraft SUCKS. It's a mindless spam-fest where the only important skill is your clicks per second. 80% of play skill is managing the horrible interface (limited selection groups and units that die in seconds anyone?) better than your opponent. And 19% of it is being better at insane micromanagement to compensate for the complete lack of AI. Memorize your build orders down to the fraction of a second, click faster than your opponent, and you'll win every time.

Archived