OBSE messing up

Shadowdemon81

i have GOTY edition of Oblivion, and i start up OBSE, but it says i need to patch it up to 1.2.0.416, but when i look at what version mine is, it says i have 1.2.0.416, and OBSE isn't working worth crap, can someone tell me what i'm doing wrong? or what i should do to fix this problem?

the problem is that when i click on OBSE-loader, the only thing i get is a message popping up saying i need to update my game, and i have it updated to the version it told me to

OBSE is telling you that you do not have a valid version of the Oblivion executable.

I see this most often with stolen versions :pirate:

I have also seen it with D2D and other legally downloaded versions which do not work with OBSE because of the D2D copy protection. Steam is a notable exception as they worked with the OBSE team to be sure it worked.

no i got the game legally at wal-mart and it's the game of the year edition this is really making me mad because i have a mod i really want (28 days and a bit version 3.0) and OBSE is being crappy and i'm just ready to smash my computer because of it

The Oblivion Game of the Year edition is at version 1.2.0416 right after the install (no updating). At least the GotY that I installed on my daughter's machine a few weeks ago was (bought at Staples).

Edit: Have you made sure that your previous efforts (uninstalling/re-installing) haven't left registry entries behind. The DVD uninstall method that is mentioned in bben46's uninstall/re-install guide + CCleaner is the most thorough way to get a true fresh install. Here's another link detailing the DVD uninstall method.

Edited by Striker879