Do you know how to play Caravan?

kevkiev

86 members have voted

1. 1. Do you know how to play caravan?

Maybe it's fun once you know how to play, and it does seem like a good source of caps that could be handy especially early in the game, but I've just never bothered to learn. (I've looked into the rules a bit, but kinda glaze over pretty quick.)

I wonder if I'm in the majority or minority. (I'm guessing the former.)

So, yes or no, do you know how to play this crazy game?

Tried a few times after reading the rules I always got "stuck" in that none of the cards dealt to my hand would be "valid" so I'd always lose. I reread the rules, darned if I know whats wrong with it but after the third or fourth attempt I shelved it to the "maybe I'll look into it later" pile.

@drake: This is a bug. I got hit by it too. Every single time I try to play, it does the same thing. I just don't bother. I've got enough caps now anyway. Sure would've been nice to win some early though.

Tried a few times after reading the rules I always got "stuck" in that none of the cards dealt to my hand would be "valid" so I'd always lose. I reread the rules, darned if I know whats wrong with it but after the third or fourth attempt I shelved it to the "maybe I'll look into it later" pile.

Yep, me too. Couldn't have said it better.

Yea its fairly easy once you get the hang of it, think of it like 3 games of black jack at once, with a bit of hearts tossed in. Now the advanced rules with the face cards take a bit to get used to. And it does pay off well

In the category of : Reasons for not learning Caravan or playing it afterwards ..... Everyone's a winner.

This minigame seems like it would be fun in the real world, and the idea does seem fitting to the NV social environment; but the final product plays more like an afterthought here.

The aforementioned glitch doesn't help, but there were the various other card related issues also, which doesn't help. (crashes upon purchasing duplicates, new aquisitions not added to inventory, etc.) Plus: Personally, I thought the timing for the ingame tutorial from sissyboy Ringo was odd. Not exactly the very beginning of the game (but close), which is cool; but right as adrenaline builds for the game's first action. wtf.

Late entry from a senior programmer spending most of thier time at strip clubs, or playing online poker, perhaps?