Stuck eternally in a single spot

NamenlosX

Today, I made a "legit" file (a file I don't cheat every five seconds on). I made it through the original prison crap all the way to the end where the emperor is SUPPOSED to be killed...

We all know how in some story spots, you cannot walk around as you normally could nor can you block or cast spells, but you can move your camera. Well, normally, when the emperor is gonna die and then that guard guy comes up to you and talks to you (his name starts with a B) and asks you "ZOMFG WHEER AMULET GOES???", you're stuck like that.

I just HAPPENED to save the emperor with the help of my omega-fast console usage - CLICK, KILL, dead assassin CUZ I WAS CURIOUS MAN and now I am eternally stuck. I've tried talking the the supposedly-dead-but-still-smiling-and-standing-emperor, to the guard, whatever - doesn't work. Any ideas on how I can get out?

I've tried:

-Noclipping - Doing so only allows me to go straight up and straight down.

-Reloading the save.

I have no saves that are before this point.

UPDATE:

Attempted player.coc in console. Even then, I am still stuck where I am teleported.

By the way, I'm rather reluctant to make a new save. I made a custom class and designed my character in such a unique-but-perfected way that I have no hope of exactly replicating.

Unless there's a way to transfer a character's looks and classes/attributes/sign and all of that crap to an entirely different save (don't even care if I have to start the tutorial all over), I will seek alternatives.

Edited by NamenlosX

Have you tried starting a new game without any of your omega-fast? I seem to recall something about a tortoise and a hare a long time ago ...

Sorry, but if you use console codes in certain ways, your game will break. Sad but true. One should therefore avoid using console codes in ways that will break the game.

If you are really wanting to save the emperor, you will need to build or find a mod that makes it so nothing bad happens if he does not die on schedule. (And such a mod would need to manage all the conflicts resulting from excision of the main quest.)

Edited by David Brasher

The emperor is scripted to die. You have just broken your save game. You will have to start again.

The emperor is scripted to die. You have just broken your save game. You will have to start again.

Sad, but true.

I decided that I should throw a big "OH F THIS" into the field and start over without my "perfect" face (I use that term loosely). This topic can now be locked/can go die in a fire.

Yeah, I did try personally killing the emperor myself (boy did that make me feel bad about myself). Failed :(

When I first started Oblivion, I felt so bad when the emperor died and Baurus got pissed at me. I was thinking, OH SHI I BETTER RUN :wallbash:

Wrye Bash can export/import your character appearance into a new game. Alternatively there's a mod called Oblivion Face Exchange which also does so.

• 2 months later...