Dark Brotherhood

Themisive

Hi, if anyone knows the answer to this, I would appreciate your comments.

Top be honest, in the past when I've played Oblivion, Lucien Lachance has visited me in my sleeping quarters, and though I'm well into the game, he hasn't shown up yet! I don't think I've done anything other than normal but is there a set time and place for him to appear?

If you've got the "Your killing has been observed ... " message but no visit when you sleep check your stats and see if you have an outstanding bounty or anything that would make it 'unsafe' for him to visit. If you're not a Thieves Guild member you might have to 'do your time'. Edited by Striker879

Hi, if anyone knows the answer to this, I would appreciate your comments.

Top be honest, in the past when I've played Oblivion, Lucien Lachance has visited me in my sleeping quarters, and though I'm well into the game, he hasn't shown up yet! I don't think I've done anything other than normal but is there a set time and place for him to appear?

I guess the simple answer (or question) would be : Have you murdered an innocent?

I usually got mine after killing the 3 women from the all womens game preying on the men in town. (Sorry. I haven't played in a while and I don't recall any names.)

I tend to get the message when I've taken a pot-shot at someone in a dungeon and skewered a poor orcish adventurer. Not the best way for a stealthy but "good" character to behave, so I now try VERY hard to identify my targets properly first. Edited by MarkInMKUK

If you've just started, when you do the quest to take down the first oblivion gate outside Kvatch, you can kill the lone guard inside the Oblivion gate, and you will get Kvatch light armour and "Your killings have been observed by the unknown...". You can then sleep in the bed in the quest later on (as you go through Kvatch castle, you can sleep safely in the sleeping quarters.)