Enclave pretty much defeated at this point?

Alixen

I'm downloading all the Enclave mods that I can see to make an interesting character; Chloris Autumn, daughter of Colonel Autumn, who I plan to make follow the indi-Vegas path as a double-Agent.

The idea behind it is that the Enclave have many bases like Raven Rock, Mariposa, Adams Airforce Base, and even though they are weakened they are far from defeated. My Vegas playthrough will end with the Enclave having decimated the NCR, wiped out the Legion, and finished off the Brotherhood of Steel while getting a secure hold on the Mojave.

However, that doesn't seem to be how things are going in the actual storyline. I haven't played deeply enough to actually meet the remnants; but I know many will have.

How do the Enclave seem to be faring in a general sense? Or have they (for the most part) just dropped off the radar like between FO2 and FO3? Because that would give me hope that they may not be down and out. They may have been used (in my opinion, since they were treated as villian of the week effectivly) badly in FO3 and apparantly 'decimated' but surely if they could muster such forces on the West Coast and Capital Wasteland then they have more strongholds and such elsewere?

And in a sorta off-topic way, what about the Brotherhood of Steel as a whole? Is Lyons Brotherhood now pretty much THE Brotherhood, or is the Mojave branch just cut off and seperate from a larger Brotherhood organisation outside the Mojave?

I like the NCR, but I'm not liking the idea that it is now effectivly THE force in Fallout.

Thoughts?

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't really care for the idea of them being pretty much dead and gone, but let's take a more serious look at it. As a faction, they've repeatedly had their top ranks chopped off, significant numbers of mooks slaughtered, and large important bases destroyed. This would tax even a modern nation in our world nearly to the breaking point. A wasteland post-nuclear faction would face even more difficulty, so I think it's highly plausible that they aren't really a force to be reckoned with anymore.

I don't really care for the idea of them being pretty much dead and gone, but let's take a more serious look at it. As a faction, they've repeatedly had their top ranks chopped off, significant numbers of mooks slaughtered, and large important bases destroyed. This would tax even a modern nation in our world nearly to the breaking point. A wasteland post-nuclear faction would face even more difficulty, so I think it's highly plausible that they aren't really a force to be reckoned with anymore.

Though that is not to say they aren't still out there, possibly planning a way to get back to power. The Dam and New Vegas are pretty big resources, and if the Enclave managed to gain control of them it would spark a new beginning- potentially starting with the wastes and sweeping across America with more force than before. They would only need new recruits.

Potentially, your character could not be only a double agent- perhaps a captain who, after watching the Enclave get so utterly devastated (and the computer president blown to smithereens), decided she was going to run the show and give it one last push in the best way she knows how.

Basically: "President of Vegas... President of America... then President of the entire world... and communism kicked right out on its ass."

Edited by kamimaia

I'm downloading all the Enclave mods that I can see to make an interesting character; Chloris Autumn, daughter of Colonel Autumn, who I plan to make follow the indi-Vegas path as a double-Agent.

The idea behind it is that the Enclave have many bases like Raven Rock, Mariposa, Adams Airforce Base, and even though they are weakened they are far from defeated. My Vegas playthrough will end with the Enclave having decimated the NCR, wiped out the Legion, and finished off the Brotherhood of Steel while getting a secure hold on the Mojave.

However, that doesn't seem to be how things are going in the actual storyline. I haven't played deeply enough to actually meet the remnants; but I know many will have.

How do the Enclave seem to be faring in a general sense? Or have they (for the most part) just dropped off the radar like between FO2 and FO3? Because that would give me hope that they may not be down and out. They may have been used (in my opinion, since they were treated as villian of the week effectivly) badly in FO3 and apparantly 'decimated' but surely if they could muster such forces on the West Coast and Capital Wasteland then they have more strongholds and such elsewere?

And in a sorta off-topic way, what about the Brotherhood of Steel as a whole? Is Lyons Brotherhood now pretty much THE Brotherhood, or is the Mojave branch just cut off and seperate from a larger Brotherhood organisation outside the Mojave?

I like the NCR, but I'm not liking the idea that it is now effectivly THE force in Fallout.

Thoughts?

First off, I really dig your style of play; RPing as an older FO faction is a lot of fun. In one playthrough, I RPed the granddaughter of President Richardson who moved up to Idolized in the NCR just to assassinate Kimball.

Unfortunately, the Enclave's current activity isn't mentioned much ingame, though according to most accounts, any semblance of an organized group is long gone. There may be some smaller outposts scattered around, such as in the Chicago area, but there's not much evidence to go on. If you want your RP session to be as "pure" as possible, it might be safe to assume your character is--or is related to--a former Enclave member and attempts to rebuild the organization by taking over the Mojave's best resources (Hoover Dam, HELIOS ONE, Hidden Valley, etc.).

Kind of off topic, but would you mind sharing those mods?

Edited by ophiuchus85

I'm still not so sure its as simple as all that. After a lot of thinking and looking at the wiki, the East Coast Enclave was the remnants of the West Coast who relocated. The Enclave also does have a form of goverment; and we have never even seen, let alone killed, anyone but a couple of presidents and military commanders through the two games the Enclave appear. Our kill-counts can be impressive, in the hundreds, but this is the remnant of the entirity of the whole US Goverment - which knew what was comings and had plenty of time to prepare. There could very well be thousands of them, if not hundreds of thousands.

There are still many places that the Enclave could dwell. They may very well be doing a BoS and be waiting in massive underground complexes. They could be in any of the areas in the US we haven't seen in a Fallout game. In New Vegas, if they introduce it, I wouldn't be surpised to see they are keeping quiet in Area 51. Their vertibirds gave them amazing range of transport for the wasteland.

No, I think we haven't seen the last of them on thinking about it. And, if we have, I think Bethesda may be making a mistake. They seem to be setting up the EC BoS as an Arthurian Knightly Order; complete with little Arthur Maxton growing up destined to lead the Brotherhood of Steel, which now seems to consist of pretty much just the East Coast Brotherhood and potentially a lot of closed bunkers across the West. They need their 'rival order/corrupt knights' as a mirror/counterpoint. I think that as long as the Brotherhood exists so will the Enclave; and both are iconic Fallout factions.

The NCR are all well and good but i have to admit I don't find them enthralling; nor did I find the Legion that interesting, so aside from the fate of the Mojave i'm not hoping to hear more about them. There arn't a whole lot of large factions that are intersting in New Vegas (imo, of course). Playing the Enclave Comander mod in NV is a joy. Watching six men with Gatling Lasers take out the ENTIRE Legion Fortress by themselves was amazing. As was calling in a missile strike on Caesars tent. The Enclave are the 'awesome badguys' with all the superior tech. It'd be a crime if they are gone. So, at this point i'm just deciding til proven otherwise that they hold other areas of the wasteland. =D

I'm still not so sure its as simple as all that. After a lot of thinking and looking at the wiki, the East Coast Enclave was the remnants of the West Coast who relocated. The Enclave also does have a form of goverment; and we have never even seen, let alone killed, anyone but a couple of presidents and military commanders through the two games the Enclave appear. Our kill-counts can be impressive, in the hundreds, but this is the remnant of the entirity of the whole US Goverment - which knew what was comings and had plenty of time to prepare. There could very well be thousands of them, if not hundreds of thousands.

There are still many places that the Enclave could dwell. They may very well be doing a BoS and be waiting in massive underground complexes. They could be in any of the areas in the US we haven't seen in a Fallout game. In New Vegas, if they introduce it, I wouldn't be surpised to see they are keeping quiet in Area 51. Their vertibirds gave them amazing range of transport for the wasteland.

No, I think we haven't seen the last of them on thinking about it. And, if we have, I think Bethesda may be making a mistake. They seem to be setting up the EC BoS as an Arthurian Knightly Order; complete with little Arthur Maxton growing up destined to lead the Brotherhood of Steel, which now seems to consist of pretty much just the East Coast Brotherhood and potentially a lot of closed bunkers across the West. They need their 'rival order/corrupt knights' as a mirror/counterpoint. I think that as long as the Brotherhood exists so will the Enclave; and both are iconic Fallout factions.

The NCR are all well and good but i have to admit I don't find them enthralling; nor did I find the Legion that interesting, so aside from the fate of the Mojave i'm not hoping to hear more about them. There arn't a whole lot of large factions that are intersting in New Vegas (imo, of course). Playing the Enclave Comander mod in NV is a joy. Watching six men with Gatling Lasers take out the ENTIRE Legion Fortress by themselves was amazing. As was calling in a missile strike on Caesars tent. The Enclave are the 'awesome badguys' with all the superior tech. It'd be a crime if they are gone. So, at this point i'm just deciding til proven otherwise that they hold other areas of the wasteland. =D

I don't see the NCR or legion lasting more then 100 years, if even that.

The NCR is trying to revert back to the government that started the entire nuclear war in the first place, and the legion is just a bunch of tribals behind their time.

The BOS needs to quickly gain members, and the enclave needs to start going out of hiding.

I think it would be pretty badass to have a area51 addon with the enclave and alien tech.

After all the timeline is the 50s and nuclear era, and aliens were popular around then.

Hm, after looking on the Beth forums i've been semi-convinced that unless Bethesda decide they want to make up a reason to bring the Enclave back, they are done. Though I think that there are very high chances of that personally. Still, for now it does seem they are pretty much gone, with a small base in chicago all that is left. Guys over on the beth forums have apparantly talked this through dosens of times.

They may be in an Area 51 DLC. They may not. Wouldn't be the first time a story has been changed or had things revealed to add interest.

For now though looks like my love for the power-armored high-tech factions will have to stay with the Eastern Brotherhood, even if they have fallen back to using inferior armor and normal guns. With the western BoS forced into bunkers and weakening they don't really seem like a faction anymore. :(

Hm, after looking on the Beth forums i've been semi-convinced that unless Bethesda decide they want to make up a reason to bring the Enclave back, they are done. Though I think that there are very high chances of that personally. Still, for now it does seem they are pretty much gone, with a small base in chicago all that is left. Guys over on the beth forums have apparantly talked this through dosens of times.

They may be in an Area 51 DLC. They may not. Wouldn't be the first time a story has been changed or had things revealed to add interest.

For now though looks like my love for the power-armored high-tech factions will have to stay with the Eastern Brotherhood, even if they have fallen back to using inferior armor and normal guns. With the western BoS forced into bunkers and weakening they don't really seem like a faction anymore. :(

Area 51 is canon to fallout, wouldn't really be changing the story at all if it was added in a DLC.