ENBoost ReservedMemorySizeMb and VideoMemorySizeMb

Foxtai

So I am trying to optimize my enblocal.ini and I have no idea what to set my ReservedMemorySizeMb and VideoMemorySizeMb. I have about 4gb of vram and 8gb of actual RAM, but I am not certain how to set those two options up properly. Could anyone point me in the right direction?

I assume you have a 64bit operating system.

ReservedMemorySizeMb=512 (if the game runs stable you could try "756". when problems occur change back to "512". The higher this value the better the performance but also higher risk of CTDs)

VideoMemorySizeMb=10240 (the formula therefor is VRAM+RAM-2048; but 10240 is the maximum regardless how much VRAM/RAM you have. Anything above will have no effect.)

For VideoMemorySizeMb, source: http://wiki.step-project.com/Guide:ENBlocal_INI/Memory#VideoMemorySizeMb

64-bit systems with ≥8 GB of system RAM should set this equal to (Total Available Graphics Memory − [170 (for Win7) or 350 (for Win8+)]).

Which means the value stated by Novem99 is kinda high. I set mine to 3926 for a 4GB GPU on Win7 64bit (1024'*4-170).

That is the value that was recommended by Vorontsov himself when I recall right and I'm using this value for more than a year with NO I repeat NO issues. Although I say that doesn't mean it is the perfect value for other users.

And with all respect but I never thought STEP is THE guide you have to follow.

For VideoMemorySizeMb, source: http://wiki.step-project.com/Guide:ENBlocal_INI/Memory#VideoMemorySizeMb

64-bit systems with ≥8 GB of system RAM should set this equal to (Total Available Graphics Memory − [170 (for Win7) or 350 (for Win8+)]).

Which means the value stated by Novem99 is kinda high. I set mine to 3926 for a 4GB GPU on Win7 64bit (1024'*4-170).

I do this also. Found setting reserved memory to 512 improved performance. But it will depend on your system.

find your total available system memory and then follow those subtractions based on ram and operating system.