NMM 0.60 Beta released with profiling. Sharing profiles to follow soon.

Dark0ne

I think this is really great! Good job everyone. There were problems, however, with transitioning the mods into the new version. Ultimately, I just decided to start with a clean slate, reinstalling Skyrim from scratch and deleting all of the mods I had installed (over one hundred mods.) Given the large number of mods and their precarious compatibility issues, I am empathetic to the difficulty involved. Regardless, my experience has been very good with the new version and am already enjoying the new features! The ability to switch profiles is very interesting and allows me to be more agile with how and when I use mods. I purchased a premium membership to offer a small thank you for the hard work. I look forward to more.

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh boy. I don't really have any input to add in terms of how the new system works beyond the fact that it messed up everything and more important to note it does not recognise all mods as having installation menus. With the large majority of my mods (after letting it reinstall everything, finding out I had CTDs and then manually uninstalling and reinstalling everything) it didn't let me use their installation menus. I'm sure you guys realise how major that is with compatibility options often being contained in those menus.

Time to revert back, reinstall my game, reinstall everything and hope my save isn't destroyed...

P.S. I suggest you make it even more clear that it's a Beta. I may be retarded/blind but I completely missed that part and would never have updated if I didn't know it was stable.

With MO mods are all listed but profiles simply check or uncheck ones that you want the profile to use. If you unistall a mod under one profile, it uninstalls it from all profiles. For the new version of NMM, are profiles going to have separate mod lists for each one? It gets really cluttered otherwise especially when you have multiple bashed patches and skyproc patches for different playthroughs.

For the record I havent used NMM since probably before ver.50.

-Natterforme

Edited by Natterforme

In response to post #28771694.

hitman1234 wrote:

Oh boy. I don't really have any input to add in terms of how the new system works beyond the fact that it messed up everything and more important to note it does not recognise all mods as having installation menus. With the large majority of my mods (after letting it reinstall everything, finding out I had CTDs and then manually uninstalling and reinstalling everything) it didn't let me use their installation menus. I'm sure you guys realise how major that is with compatibility options often being contained in those menus.

Time to revert back, reinstall my game, reinstall everything and hope my save isn't destroyed...

P.S. I suggest you make it even more clear that it's a Beta. I may be retarded/blind but I completely missed that part and would never have updated if I didn't know it was stable.

agreed i wish they could bring out a version that actually works out of the box... (completely screwed up my plugin list, so i had to reinstall)

At the moment i think version 60.0+ should be an optional file until you know it can install without any problems otherwise people are going to get problems and start complaining that its broken

I did the automatic download and lost 29 mods. I immediately just uninstalled all mods, removed NMM from my computer and will play another game for the next few days till all is figured out.

My question is this...how could you think that this was ready when it is so bugged? either your ALPHA testers need to be replaced or something.

As in the past, this too shall pass.

In response to post #28771694. #28772124 is also a reply to the same post.

hitman1234 wrote:

Tyranis101 wrote: agreed i wish they could bring out a version that actually works out of the box... (completely screwed up my plugin list, so i had to reinstall)

NMM has always been Beta. As he said in article, Beta is normal for NMM

I appreciate the work you guys did on this, but I'm not interested in profiling. Some of the most fun I have when modding games is learning the file structure and mixing things in ways that people normally wouldn't try. While that's still possible with profiling, it becomes a little bit more difficult (repackaging) and I'd rather be able to just drop something into the folders and see if it works, and if not switch back the files. That's the way I've always modded and it's the way I want to continue modding.

Congratulations on the milestone though, I'm very happy for you guys. =)