NMM 0.60 Beta released with profiling. Sharing profiles to follow soon.

Dark0ne

I'm SO pissed! I dloaded this when I started NMM cause I wanted to check my load order fast. Was like cool an updarte and clicked dload like an idiot. Now my game is fubar! Not only is this interupting my game time, but I had customized several of my mods! I don't want to freaking reinstall all of them now, and I don't remember all the ones I made changes to!! OMG, I had everything set up just right to start another play through with different mods and this just totally screws me over.

Holy cray you need to put some sort of warning to people who go to update and don't want to deal with this crap!! Oh man!!! thanks for ruining my night AND my game I spent a week on trying to set up just right!!!! You NMM team need to get it together and not ruin peoples games with out them knowing what they are dloading!!!!!! I get you need to update but people like me who don't care or are in the middle of playing the game shouldn't have to go through this crap!!

Give people some friggin warning that they are about to reinstall all thier mods before dloading this patch when the get asked if they want to dload it!!!!! Like I siad I had made custom changes to several mods and now I'll have to redo them all over again if I can remember what ones I changed.

ARGGGGHHHHH!!!!!

I lost all repect for you guys this is complete BS!!!

Thanks again for ruining my game and my night!

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I had just started playing Skyrim, and had finally set up my mods so they worked, and looked like it wanted them to. Then comes this bullshit. You guys REALLY need to put a HUGE warning in before making updates like this, because everyones gut instinct is to just press "Yes" when a program prompts to be updated, like i did. I have no doubt the new features is great and all, but i did not ask for this and you have seriously wasted days of my time, as a new Skyrim player trying to figure everything out.

In response to post #28786674.

Mistwraith1 wrote:

I had just started playing Skyrim, and had finally set up my mods so they worked, and looked like it wanted them to. Then comes this bullshit. You guys REALLY need to put a HUGE warning in before making updates like this, because everyones gut instinct is to just press "Yes" when a program prompts to be updated, like i did. I have no doubt the new features is great and all, but i did not ask for this and you have seriously wasted days of my time, as a new Skyrim player trying to figure everything out.

As has been stated countless times in this thread already: there is a huge red warning during the update process. The NMM is beta software and updates are bound to contain changes. No offence, but your argument is void.

In response to post #28786254.

ds777 wrote: I'm SO pissed! I dloaded this when I started NMM cause I wanted to check my load order fast. Was like cool an updarte and clicked dload like an idiot. Now my game is fubar! Not only is this interupting my game time, but I had customized several of my mods! I don't want to freaking reinstall all of them now, and I don't remember all the ones I made changes to!! OMG, I had everything set up just right to start another play through with different mods and this just totally screws me over.

Holy cray you need to put some sort of warning to people who go to update and don't want to deal with this crap!! Oh man!!! thanks for ruining my night AND my game I spent a week on trying to set up just right!!!! You NMM team need to get it together and not ruin peoples games with out them knowing what they are dloading!!!!!! I get you need to update but people like me who don't care or are in the middle of playing the game shouldn't have to go through this crap!!

Give people some friggin warning that they are about to reinstall all thier mods before dloading this patch when the get asked if they want to dload it!!!!! Like I siad I had made custom changes to several mods and now I'll have to redo them all over again if I can remember what ones I changed.

ARGGGGHHHHH!!!!!

I lost all repect for you guys this is complete BS!!!

Thanks again for ruining my game and my night!

I'm just going to give the exact same reply as before.

As has been stated countless times in this thread already: there is a huge red warning during the update process. The NMM is beta software and updates are bound to contain changes. No offence, but your argument is void.

Mistwraith1 wrote:

I had just started playing Skyrim, and had finally set up my mods so they worked, and looked like it wanted them to. Then comes this bulls***. You guys REALLY need to put a HUGE warning in before making updates like this, because everyones gut instinct is to just press "Yes" when a program prompts to be updated, like i did. I have no doubt the new features is great and all, but i did not ask for this and you have seriously wasted days of my time, as a new Skyrim player trying to figure everything out.

No sir. All i got, was a "Nexus mod manager has detected a new version. Do you want to upgrade". When i did, THEN the warnings started going about but as mentioned previously in the thread without deleting and reinstalling the mods, i could not progress with NMM and i did not find a 0.56 download link on the Nexus - believe me i looked. In frustration i gave up, and let the NMM try to do its thing. Boom. Purple game.

Mistwraith1 wrote:

I had just started playing Skyrim, and had finally set up my mods so they worked, and looked like it wanted them to. Then comes this bulls***. You guys REALLY need to put a HUGE warning in before making updates like this, because everyones gut instinct is to just press "Yes" when a program prompts to be updated, like i did. I have no doubt the new features is great and all, but i did not ask for this and you have seriously wasted days of my time, as a new Skyrim player trying to figure everything out.

The warning says "if you have 5 minutes to spare" the update will reinstall your mods.

It does not say it will break them and it does not say it will take hours to recover.

And there is actually no info on how to recover.

Blaming the users that they are "stupid" for believing that a software will do what it says is ,,, adding insult to injury.

When a breaking change is pushed to the users there will be drama. People do not believe that a breaking change is actually been released to them so even if there was a real warning they would still have clicked "Yes".

In response to post #28784614.

mrchaos500 wrote: it is going sooo slow and i only have 32 mods active i couldve uninstalled them 1000 times by now
-i cant get this thing to work its been uninstalling the same mod for 3 hours and the reverting advice onyl works if i can actually use the interface but i cant since its trying to migrate but seems to be going no where i dread installing fnv mods i have 3 times as many think i'll move them all to fomm

It should not take 3 hours to uninstall one mod. Please file a bug report and let us know which mod it is for us to check.

Boah...for god sake, i am so happy, that i had hit the cancel button on the NMM V0.6

After all these comments i think i will wait a few months until a upgrade to NMM V0.6

Also a big thank you to "prinyo" who posted a downladlink to the old NMM v0.56.1

Honestly guys, you should post a warning before you start to upgrade the NMM to a complete new version, that will cost us hours to reinstall our game and crashes the game for several people.

In response to post #28784614. #28787074 is also a reply to the same post.

mrchaos500 wrote: it is going sooo slow and i only have 32 mods active i couldve uninstalled them 1000 times by now
-i cant get this thing to work its been uninstalling the same mod for 3 hours and the reverting advice onyl works if i can actually use the interface but i cant since its trying to migrate but seems to be going no where i dread installing fnv mods i have 3 times as many think i'll move them all to fomm
Dark0ne wrote: It should not take 3 hours to uninstall one mod. Please file a bug report and let us know which mod it is for us to check.

its sky ui. its not uninstalling anything i checked the task manager its responding and says its running but its not doing anything um where do i file a bug report?