NMM 0.60 Beta released with profiling. Sharing profiles to follow soon.

Dark0ne

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #28769404.

SenseiSoriel wrote: I've got a bug. Instal went fine, but when it asked me if I wanted to uninstall all my mod and reinstal them using the profile, I said no. It still unninstalled some of my mods and now my Skyrim is freaking out on me.

Mine too Now I have to reinstall everything from scratch and start over I flat out do not like the new update at all.

In response to post #28769464.

Justmeagain wrote: any hope at all for we that still use "XP" I asked before but was told "we will get back on that" and haven't heard a word yet or are we forgotten here as well as in LOOT etc?

We do not support XP with any of the latest versions of NMM. We maintain the NMM Legacy version for XP users and ensure they always have access to the online services (downloading and checking mods), but we haven't supported XP in new versions for a long time now, and that was publicly announced.

In response to post #28769404. #28769504 is also a reply to the same post.

SenseiSoriel wrote: I've got a bug. Instal went fine, but when it asked me if I wanted to uninstall all my mod and reinstal them using the profile, I said no. It still unninstalled some of my mods and now my Skyrim is freaking out on me.
knight728 wrote: Mine too Now I have to reinstall everything from scratch and start over I flat out do not like the new update at all.

This new version of NMM includes a major update to the way we store and install your mods which allows us to accommodate mod profiling (different profiles for different playthroughs of your game).

In order for it to work NMM needs to uninstall all your currently installed mods.

Choose option 'YES' if you would like NMM to attempt to try and reinstall all your currently installed mods using the new method. The migration procedure is a lengthy process and it could require several minutes or even hours depending on your PC speed and quantity and size of your currently installed mods. You may be required to interact with some scripted installers during the reinstall process.

Choose option 'NO' if you want NMM to uninstall all your mods and leave you to activate the ones you use again. (this doesn't delete your mods, it simply deactivates them)

Choose the 'CANCEL' option if you would like to cancel this setup and not proceed with this new version. You will not be upgraded to this version of NMM!

If you selected "NO", then all your mods will be uninstalled like the text says...

I read the installer, and it's warnings, twice to make sure that everything worked well since I"ve already gotten screwed once in the modding menus by steam, I'm doubly careful these days. I don't care, who's fault it is, or how "Wrong I am" for not being careful enough with an auto installer. I'm not here to point fingers or name names. All I want to know, is if this is a result of the new system, and if by chance it is, how do I fix it, or uninstall everything so I can play it again or re-mod it. I have a nursing degree I"m still working on pursuing while working a full shift during the week ends. I only ever get one day off a week to play skyrim and this has put a serious clamp on that. Someone, anyone, just tell me : "How do I fix this so I can make use of the short 4 hour period I get to myself during the week. That's all I want to know. I don't care how wrong you think I am, or how right you think you are. I just need to know if this is fixable so I can go spend my time and energy elsewhere if I have to.

In response to post #28769699.

vagabondguy wrote: I read the installer, and it's warnings, twice to make sure that everything worked well since I"ve already gotten screwed once in the modding menus by steam, I'm doubly careful these days. I don't care, who's fault it is, or how "Wrong I am" for not being careful enough with an auto installer. I'm not here to point fingers or name names. All I want to know, is if this is a result of the new system, and if by chance it is, how do I fix it, or uninstall everything so I can play it again or re-mod it. I have a nursing degree I"m still working on pursuing while working a full shift during the week ends. I only ever get one day off a week to play skyrim and this has put a serious clamp on that. Someone, anyone, just tell me : "How do I fix this so I can make use of the short 4 hour period I get to myself during the week. That's all I want to know. I don't care how wrong you think I am, or how right you think you are. I just need to know if this is fixable so I can go spend my time and energy elsewhere if I have to.

You haven't actually told us what's wrong? If you're having a problem, please report it in the bug tracker linked in the news post.

In response to post #28769404. #28769504, #28769529 are all replies on the same post.

knight728 wrote: Mine too Now I have to reinstall everything from scratch and start over I flat out do not like the new update at all.
Dark0ne wrote:
This new version of NMM includes a major update to the way we store and install your mods which allows us to accommodate mod profiling (different profiles for different playthroughs of your game).

In order for it to work NMM needs to uninstall all your currently installed mods.

Choose option 'YES' if you would like NMM to attempt to try and reinstall all your currently installed mods using the new method. The migration procedure is a lengthy process and it could require several minutes or even hours depending on your PC speed and quantity and size of your currently installed mods. You may be required to interact with some scripted installers during the reinstall process.

Choose option 'NO' if you want NMM to uninstall all your mods and leave you to activate the ones you use again. (this doesn't delete your mods, it simply deactivates them)

Choose the 'CANCEL' option if you would like to cancel this setup and not proceed with this new version. You will not be upgraded to this version of NMM!

If you selected "NO", then all your mods will be uninstalled like the text says...

I read the text. it said: "YES" for automatic uninstalling and reinstalling, "NO" to just uninstall, and "CANCEL" don do anything

So with NMM 0.60.2 I think I've run into a bug, during the initial folder setup clicking the button with the three dots for the Virtual Install section doesn't open the "Browse For Folder" window although it does work for the Mod Directory and Install Info directory. I'm gonna go with the Default folder creation and hope I can change it once the setup is complete.