Update on NMM version 0.60 and FAQ

Dark0ne

Looks like im quitting skyrim, i dont have the time or patience to do this again, if you guys want to waste hours and hours on end to fix something you didnt do, then be sure to waste your life. I'd switch to mod organizer if i had the patience to do this s#*! again, see ya later nexus frauds 0/10.

• Replies 745
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #28809739.

Tboiy wrote: Looks like im quitting skyrim, i dont have the time or patience to do this again, if you guys want to waste hours and hours on end to fix something you didnt do, then be sure to waste your life. I'd switch to mod organizer if i had the patience to do this s#*! again, see ya later nexus frauds 0/10.

See ya tomorrow!

In response to post #28809739. #28810244 is also a reply to the same post.

Tboiy wrote: Looks like im quitting skyrim, i dont have the time or patience to do this again, if you guys want to waste hours and hours on end to fix something you didnt do, then be sure to waste your life. I'd switch to mod organizer if i had the patience to do this s#*! again, see ya later nexus frauds 0/10.
Marvy5 wrote: See ya tomorrow!

Sounds like somebody didn't read the giant warning in bold, red letters... :P

In response to post #28805459. #28807169, #28807474, #28807489, #28809154, #28809529 are all replies on the same post.

Dark0ne wrote: We have just released version 0.60.4 of NMM that has a number of fixes for bugs reported with the help of users using the bug tracker, the list includes:

Fixed issue causing the migration process to be unable to reinstall some mods. Fixed issue preventing NMM from properly handling the load order for Fallout and Oblivion. Fixed issue causing the Morrowind game mode to hang while performing the mod migration. Fixed issue causing the Morrowind game mode to install files in the wrong folder. Fixed issue preventing NMM from automatically retrieve the Morrowind game path during the startup scan. Fixed issue preventing the ReadMe Manager from properly catching readme files. Fixed issue with the Backup file management.

Now waiting on some brave souls to try it.

Squashnoggin wrote: :ohmy: ..Not Me!!!! :teehee:
LazarusGrimm wrote: Brave soul here: Okay... So... uhm... is there like... a reason for why the speed to delete a mod has been decreased with about 500%? Took me over an hour just to uninstall and delete Raven Castle, while in previous versions it took about 4 - 5 minutes.
Hiwatcher1 wrote: Trying it now. Tried 60.3 last night and it seems to lock up on "overhaul" mods. Crossing my fingers.
Majic7 wrote: Blindly up-dated to 60.3 yesterday, just clicked buttons. After up-dating Skyrim wouldn't open. NMM showed all 68 mods activated but it wouldn't run, even after re-installing Skyrim and starting over from the beginning. Had to de-activate all mods and re-activate them. Then I could restart the game from the beginning. Today I tried 60.4 on Morrowind and it worked fine. No fiddling around, just worked. 90 mods.
lexx005 wrote: Just updated to 0.60.4 without any issues, but there was no migration process since i had already updated to 0.60.3 yesterday, it just updated the version of NMM.

In THAT case..
Squashy was afraid it would be another 'fresh start' type deal. If it's just a standard Nexus "worry-free" update, then, mayybee.. ;)

I initially experienced CTD on game launch (at the Bethesda logo) after the install of the new version yesterday. After someone reminded me that CTDs upon game launch are usually load order or dependency issues, I ran Loot, which listed 1 mod I use (that is a dependency for many other mods) as missing. NMM listed this mod as correctly migrated and reinstalled. I uninstalled, deleted, re-downloaded and reinstalled that 1 mod (plus FNIS) and my problem was solved. Although I have not yet experimented with multiple profiles, my game is currently running normally.

I have to reiterate the statement made several times by others that the reason many of us blindly accept new NMM versions without research (and without much thought) is due to the level of trust that has been earned after going through several NMM upgrades with minimal issues. That trust is a compliment to everyone that has worked behind the scenes to make NMM such a valuable, easy to use tool. You guys provide us a service that enhances our game play. You do a stellar job, and most of us appreciate the hard work you put into making NMM work so well. While I understand the frustration of those who suffered (and continue to struggle) with larger issues than I experienced with this latest version, I, for one, am grateful for the tool and for every soul who works hard to make it available to me.

Profiling ist the reason why I EVER WILL AVOID Mod Organizer.

I am sure many pepole think like me and.

So I think to make our beloved NMM handling mod files the way MO does is the wrong way.

So the only hope is to await a mod manager for Fallout 4 that isn't using profiling.

Sorry, but I am very disappointed.

In response to post #28805459. #28807169, #28807474, #28807489, #28809154, #28809529, #28810269 are all replies on the same post.

Dark0ne wrote: We have just released version 0.60.4 of NMM that has a number of fixes for bugs reported with the help of users using the bug tracker, the list includes:

Fixed issue causing the migration process to be unable to reinstall some mods. Fixed issue preventing NMM from properly handling the load order for Fallout and Oblivion. Fixed issue causing the Morrowind game mode to hang while performing the mod migration. Fixed issue causing the Morrowind game mode to install files in the wrong folder. Fixed issue preventing NMM from automatically retrieve the Morrowind game path during the startup scan. Fixed issue preventing the ReadMe Manager from properly catching readme files. Fixed issue with the Backup file management.

Now waiting on some brave souls to try it.

Squashnoggin wrote: :ohmy: ..Not Me!!!! :teehee:
LazarusGrimm wrote: Brave soul here: Okay... So... uhm... is there like... a reason for why the speed to delete a mod has been decreased with about 500%? Took me over an hour just to uninstall and delete Raven Castle, while in previous versions it took about 4 - 5 minutes.
Hiwatcher1 wrote: Trying it now. Tried 60.3 last night and it seems to lock up on "overhaul" mods. Crossing my fingers.
Majic7 wrote: Blindly up-dated to 60.3 yesterday, just clicked buttons. After up-dating Skyrim wouldn't open. NMM showed all 68 mods activated but it wouldn't run, even after re-installing Skyrim and starting over from the beginning. Had to de-activate all mods and re-activate them. Then I could restart the game from the beginning. Today I tried 60.4 on Morrowind and it worked fine. No fiddling around, just worked. 90 mods.
lexx005 wrote: Just updated to 0.60.4 without any issues, but there was no migration process since i had already updated to 0.60.3 yesterday, it just updated the version of NMM.
Squashnoggin wrote: In THAT case..
Squashy was afraid it would be another 'fresh start' type deal. If it's just a standard Nexus "worry-free" update, then, mayybee.. ;)

I used it and maybe I don't understand how it works or something , but all the mods it migrated never showed in my load order. I just reverted back to older version and reloaded new game, it seems to be the best solution for me. I am not blaming anybody for it not working for me. I tried using Mod organizer that was recommended also, and never had any clue how it works. I used obmm( tesmm) before NMM . which had some functions that NMM doesn't have, but I have learned other ways of doing the same thing with tes5edit. I would use NMM 0.60 , if there is a read me file to teach me how it works or a step by step video like the ones Gopher used to make, because they make it easier for me to learn how to use the programs.

Leave NMM for the legacy games, which it handles well, and pick-up where Mod Manager left off going forward. I think most people would acknowledge that Mod Manager is far better than NMM, yes there is a learning curve but, god forbid, you do some reading and watch some videos. You'll be happier with Mod Manager in the long run. You are just spending a lot of time playing catch-up.