Update on NMM version 0.60 and FAQ

Dark0ne

In response to post #28797534.

silfo2015 wrote: Sorry to post this here but I don't seem to be able to use the bug tracker.

I installed version 60.3. I like having the links to LOOT, BOSS, and FNIS built in. And I think I will generally like it when all's done.

Here's what seems to be my current stumbling block: FNIS stops running with "ERROR(76): Could not find a part of the path 'c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim\Data\meshes\actors\character\character assets female\skeleton_female.hkx"

I looked in my files and saw the folder "character assets" is not included in the folder "character" but when I fix that and run FNIS again I get a different error message referring to the same file in another location. So, I gave up since I really don't know what I'm doing. But that's where I'm currently stopped.

Just thought I'd let you know the status over here. Thanks for the work you're doing.

I think this new version is installing files in a different location by default, I had to manually set it to install them in the "Data" folder.

I also had to delete every mod and reinstall them from the archives because of that new file location, I was getting the same sorts of errors as you got.

• Replies 745
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #28797624.

b10nutz wrote: It's a real shame that you are taking your frustration out on Nexus Staff when all you had to do was pay some attention, and not mindless click next... Stop acting so entitled and think about it for a moment, you should say thank you for your hard work instead.

I wonder how many of you would still be playing Skyrim after almost 4 years since release without Nexus and the great modders around here.

I think it was mainly a surprise, because there hadn't been a lot of clarity when getting the update notification on what exactly would be happening. I imagine most people figured it'd be just another update.

When it said "all mods will be uninstalled and reinstalled" it failed to state that the mods would be put in a new location (the "Virtual" file) and FOMOD menus would not pop up.

And yea, the immaturity of some people is ridiculous, and some of the Nexus staff are guilty of poor behavior as well. I can think of a moderator or two who went around accusing everyone of screwing up themselves and being useless.

I'm sorry but I find this all extremely funny, I been Modding the Elder Scrolls since Morrowind. Before Mod Mangers existed. Thankfully Users can still the Golden Rule ... Don't make changes in a Play Thru. Or Reap what you Sow. It no one Fault But Yours, three fingers pointing back at you. etc.

Keep up good work Dark0ne. You've done nothing wrong.

Death threats? I'm not surprised...I'm not surprised at all. And people wonder why Mod authors demand measures to filter certain users.

If I were part of the Nexus team I would send any death thread to the local police. People seem to miss the fact that your ip can easiyl be tracked down be the police if they deem they have reason enough to do it. And yes, death threats seem valid.

apologies for the other buffoons on the site i for one appreciate the effort you guys go through to keep this site afloat. sorry for the rocky .60 launch i believe the problems i encountered are partly the manager and mostly my system, it tends to do weird unexplainable things. Edited by mrchaos500

I can confirm that if you were an NMM alpha user before this major update, the transition is seamless. It auto-updates and once you confirm it downloads the latest version of NMM and installs it over the previous one. No prompt to uninstall all mods or even talk about profiles since you've already been through this.

I didn't know this yesterday when I tried the update so I had uninstalled all my mods beforehand but hope others read and avoid doing that/saves them some time.

Edited by dptheslothking

In response to post #28794319.

rubenpaca wrote: Not every Skyrim player is a programmer. Most of us are just end-users, so we don't really know what information is useful when we report a bug.

As a user, I was really pissed off when I updated without any warning (I didn't see any. Most users DON'T PAY ATTENTION AT ALL to the EULA). I did read the last warning, when you open the 0.60 version. I clicked on cancel, the NMM said it was going to revert to previous version by itself, but it just shut down. I went to the nexus only to find out that I couldn't download the 0.50 again.
So in my opinion as a user, this update was a failure. Fortunately, it is a free software, if I had had to pay for this I would have sent a complaint.

My game is screwed, my bad for not paying attention, I guess. But this is not the way such a significant update is presented. A link to a web page where the major changes are listed before downloading would have been the right way.

THIS^^^

In response to post #28798264.

Mofakin wrote: Death threats? I'm not surprised...I'm not surprised at all. And people wonder why Mod authors demand measures to filter certain users.

If I were part of the Nexus team I would send any death thread to the local police. People seem to miss the fact that your ip can easiyl be tracked down be the police if they deem they have reason enough to do it. And yes, death threats seem valid.

Thing is, if you receive a death threat, talking about it is one of the biggest things you SHOULDN'T do. If you think that the threat is legitimate, you take it to law enforcement and keep quiet about it. DOn't give the person sending threats attention.

Even if you think it's not serious, going public about it and complaining only serves the goal of the person sending the threats, which is to intimidate and bother the recipient.

Also, I tend to take a dim view of people who go public with receiving death threats online, since its not something you should be doing, as I said above, and it's also an effective way to garner sympathy and suppress dissent. Countless times I've seen someone do something stupid and get called out on it, only for them to say "I got death threats" and a bunch of people leap to their defense to say "so what if they screwed up, that's no excuse for death threats!". Basically, using the threats as a distraction and to discredit critics.

In no way am I saying that this was the goal of the Nexus in publicizing the threats, but they are following a pattern of behavior that could very easily lead to that sort of thing. Already seeing some of the "defenders" showing up.