Update on NMM version 0.60 and FAQ

Dark0ne

In response to post #29157714.

Calystar wrote:

Edit; i found the responses in the post from the front page.

Also, i m going to buy fallout 4 in the next mounth.

Someone know another mod manager that wont f*#@ up my ssd with exessive write and that will be compatible with fallout 4?

I use Mod Organizer and have gone into the settings to save all my downloads that were stored on my SSD to one of my regular drives and this cleared a lot of space on the SSD. I am hoping MO will also work for my Fallout 4.

• Replies 745
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How on earth do I upgrade a mod now? When I download the new version and install it used to ask if I wanted to upgrade, but now it only gives me the option to activate it not overwrite. For smaller mods this wouldn't be a problem uninstalling old version and installing new but for example mods like Frostfall with lots of user defined settings, upgrading halfway through a playthrough would overwrite all my existing settings.

Really hate the new NMM, profiling is useless to me and when I've attempted to use it, it has caused all sorts of problems. Its agonizingly slow and usability has been reduced to the point where I'm considering MO - which is something I never would have expected.

Edit:

Great now NMM crashes every time I try to switch to the only profile I have!

Edited by MeinGeheimnis

In response to post #29157714. #29164574 is also a reply to the same post.

Calystar wrote:

Someone know another mod manager that wont f*#@ up my ssd with exessive write and that will be compatible with fallout 4?

jpitner wrote: I use Mod Organizer and have gone into the settings to save all my downloads that were stored on my SSD to one of my regular drives and this cleared a lot of space on the SSD. I am hoping MO will also work for my Fallout 4.

Your SSD should be fine.

Help, this new NMM confuses me a lot when it comes to upgrading a mod. Many mods' patch dont require a complete overwrite, and previous NMM explained it well, so i can tell if i need to replace a .esm or install normally. However this new NMM, I dont know if i install the patch correctly or not.

Mine Works Absolutely Fine..Have had NO Problems at All,apart from "Tilde Key" stopped Working,which is Probably NOT Connected to this Subject..Windows 8.1 64 Bit,32GB RAM,GTX980Ti..Why don't People just Stop Complaining and as for "Death Threats",they Should be Banned (in my Opinion),there is NO Need for it..END...................

In response to post #29157714. #29164574, #29169754 are all replies on the same post.

Calystar wrote:

jpitner wrote: I use Mod Organizer and have gone into the settings to save all my downloads that were stored on my SSD to one of my regular drives and this cleared a lot of space on the SSD. I am hoping MO will also work for my Fallout 4.
PoisonerKA wrote: Your SSD should be fine.

Why not just use both the old and new NMM side by side? The old one for all current games, the new one for FO4 and other future games?

Your SSD should be fine.

Nah. Every little bit of data is precisous on a SSD, first because i don't have that many gb on them, second because if you want your ssd to live long you try to avoid excessive writing on them.

In response to post #29157714.

Calystar wrote:

Someone know another mod manager that wont f*** up my ssd with exessive write and that will be compatible with fallout 4?

I use Mod Organizer and have gone into the settings to save all my downloads that were stored on my SSD to one of my regular drives and this cleared a lot of space on the SSD. I am hoping MO will also work for my Fallout 4.

Thanks for the info.

Edited by Guest

In response to post #29157714. #29164574, #29169754, #29180264 are all replies on the same post.

Calystar wrote:

PoisonerKA wrote: Your SSD should be fine.
Belfaborac wrote: Why not just use both the old and new NMM side by side? The old one for all current games, the new one for FO4 and other future games?

SSDs have a lot of I/O operations. Ignore most of what people say.

It's long, but I encourage you to read it all. The samsung 840 Pro series survived pver 2 PB or Petabytes of read/write operations.

http://www.pcworld.com/article/2856052/grueling-endurance-test-blows-away-ssd-durability-fears.html

http://techreport.com/review/24841/introducing-the-ssd-endurance-experiment