ENB FPS problems

bobbypie67890

Hi

I have been using the same CPU since Skyrim came out (i7 2600k). I have used several GPUs (570, 670, 680 4gb, 970, 980, 980 ti). The frame rate drops are the same for all cards.

I have found that the game runs smother at 1440 than it dose at 1080 & smoother still at 4k.

Right now I run Skyrim at 1440 with RealVision ENB with Dof off. Most of the time I am bouncing off 60fps (vsync) with drops to the 40s in the usual areas. I don't feel them. I only see them on the fps counter.

At 4K I am running in the 30s & I don't get any frame rate drops anywhere. I run at 1440 to avoid script issues.

I am not happy with the 980 ti drivers. The games performance seems to change slightly with every reboot. I did not have this issue with any of the other cards.

If it wasn't for the varying performance issues, I would be totally happy with my setup. That is until a card comes along the can run 4k at 60fps with ENB.

Later

So basically you are saying that I should not expect this much from a game like this? And also the newer the card, the less well it normally run an older game. For example I can only get 90 fps in Payday 2

Skyrim has a crappy engine that can only handle so much. I have a relatively powerful system myself (not like yours) but a 3570k at 4ghz and a gtx 970. ENB with flora and heavy textures and scripts will most definitely cause stutter and low FPS in certain areas.

Your computer can handle it. Skyrims engine CANT. Modding this game is all about balance.

Skyrim has a crappy engine that can only handle so much. I have a relatively powerful system myself (not like yours) but a 3570k at 4ghz and a gtx 970. ENB with flora and heavy textures and scripts will most definitely cause stutter and low FPS in certain areas.

Your computer can handle it. Skyrims engine CANT. Modding this game is all about balance.

So, to sum it all up, I have to deal with it and there isn't much that can be done?

But I get similar framerates in vanilla as well

Ok now you got me thinking your trolling. You drop to 40fps without mods?? with sli 980ti?!?!

your trolling. thread over

Excuse my language, but WHY THE f*#@ would I be trolling. i am trying to fix this game. It says in vanilla that strong rigs drop in certain places no matter what. So no, I AM NOT TROLLING!

So, YOU PERSONALLY, with the specs you have given, only get 40 fps in in the game without ONE SINGLE MOD installed? If that's really true, you need to reinstall your game from scratch because something is wrong. Other than maybe the occasional stutter when going through load areas (there is a notorious one between Whiterun and Riverwood) you should be able to run 60+ all day long on that rig no problem.