Mod Maker don't work Import/Export

Temamex

What are you trying to import and export? "Import/Export" is for textures and meshes. For .ebx files, you need to use "Debug->export" and "Debug->import". Use a hex editor like HxD and check your work carefully. Preview will only work with certain assets, such as textures and some meshes.

What are you trying to import and export? "Import/Export" is for textures and meshes. For .ebx files, you need to use "Debug->export" and "Debug->import". Use a hex editor like HxD and check your work carefully. Preview will only work with certain assets, such as textures and some meshes.

Thank you for explanation.

direct ebx editing isn't implemented yet. You need to export and use a hex editor like HxD. If the mod maker is crashing when you re-import, it's because you've made a mistake or changed something it can't deal with.

Here's a simple tip. Download a simple mod that only changes one thing. Export the ebx it changes, then open the mod in Mod Maker and export the ebx again. Load both in HxD and compare them side by side to see the differences. That's a good way to learn.

Also read these tutorials:

http://daitools.freeforums.org/tutorials-f41.html

It cant export texture file for tresspasser armor (griffin plate) from path DA3//Factions//Westhapt//Appearances//uni_hm_westhaupt_hvy01a//Textures//uni_hm_westhaupt_hvy01a_d

The dds file is unopanable, although other exported dds open. I guess the only way to wait new version.

• 1 month later...

I am not a modder. So this might seem like a dumb question to all the experts out there. But are the ebx files that download with mods for modders only? If all I want to do is download the mod for in-game play (like a new hair texture, or armor texture), I don't need the ebx file do I?

• 1 year later...

Mod files are .daimod files, asset/ingame engine files are ebx/dds and so on.

Ontopic, and sorry for the resurrect, but I have the same issue.

Just started out with mod maker, but I can't preview/export/import a single texture/mesh asset.

What could be the issue?

Thank you,

Regards.

Edited by bunneh