Can't find skyrimeditor.ini

psychotrip

Hi everyone. I just downloaded the creation kit via steam and whenever I try to look at data files I receive the "Multiple master files selected for load. Load operation Aborted" error.

I looked it up and to fix this I need to edit the "SkyrimEditor.ini" file. The problem is this file doesn't exist anywhere on my computer. I've found the "SkyrimEditorPrefs.ini" but apparently that's not the same thing. I already tried editing that file and it didn't work. I even tried creating a SkyrimEditor.ini myself and it doesn't work.

Does anyone know what's going on? All I want to do is use the creation kit to make the a certain race playable. Thank you.

Launch the Creation Kit but only select Skyrim.esm to load. Do not select any other plugins. This should allow the program to run and create the SkyrimEditor.ini file. Then you can exit and make any necessary changes to the SkyrimEditor.ini filt that you need to.

If the file still doesn't exist and you installed Steam, Skyrim & the CK inside the Program Files directory, you may need to consider moving at least Skyrim & the CK outside of Program Files in order to avoid User Account Control and other Windows protections.

Launch the Creation Kit but only select Skyrim.esm to load. Do not select any other plugins. This should allow the program to run and create the SkyrimEditor.ini file. Then you can exit and make any necessary changes to the SkyrimEditor.ini filt that you need to.

If the file still doesn't exist and you installed Steam, Skyrim & the CK inside the Program Files directory, you may need to consider moving at least Skyrim & the CK outside of Program Files in order to avoid User Account Control and other Windows protections.

Thank you so much for responding.

Unfortunately, loading skyrim.esm didn't create the file. This is so strange.

Where exactly should I move Skyrim and the CK? Will this effect my ability to boot the game from steam?

I installed Steam to C:\Steam when I originally installed it rather than going with the default Program Files location. Therefore, I have no idea if moving the installation will cause issues with starting the game and/or CK. If you wish to try moving the installation, follow these instructions: https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=7418-YUBN-8129

I installed Steam to C:\Steam when I originally installed it rather than going with the default Program Files location. Therefore, I have no idea if moving the installation will cause issues with starting the game and/or CK. If you wish to try moving the installation, follow these instructions: https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=7418-YUBN-8129

I almost forgot to say thank you! I figured out what was going on and found the correct file.

Seriously, thank you for your help!

• 1 year later...

That was a bit of an old post. If you are having problems it would be better if you started your own thread and posted a detailed description of your problem. The better the description, the less back and forth that has to be done.