Would People Play a Fallout 3 mod these days ?

alexmercer984

its among my projects I got in plan for the great future , but is it worth it ? I remember a few small quest mods that came out , and even Al didn't cover em , my mod idea is rather huge DLC ...but for real is it worth a damn

Even today, morrowind and oblivion still have some action going on.

If you wish to mod, then mod! Who cares if only five people played it?

Do it! Don't let your dreams be dreams!

yes...to hell with it if I am insane Expect a new Mod in December :laugh:

I would. But I recently played the game with quite a few mods and I'm in the middle of trying to get Morrowind going with a few mods working, but I will be playing fallout 3 again, but I don't know when.

I say, keep going and do as many mods as you want. As long as they work for you and you're happy to bung 'em up on the 'web for others to try for free then all's good. You never know, some of your mods may become 'famous' because of what they do.

One thing I'd like someone to add, is a ramdomising mod for when NPC's respawn, so that we don't always get the same NPC's doing the same things and looking the same every time. Maybe a human gang here one time, the next time a couple of mutants, the next time a pack of animals etc. or at the very least a completely different group of humans, with a different No. of people, diffrerent Nos of men and women, with different clothong/armour/equipmewnt and weapons etc.

Not sure how big you want this 'DLC' to be, but you'll have to consider how much thime you want to spend on one mod, how long you want to spend uploading it and (possibly) working on bug or compatibility fixes. I think the bigger it is the longer you may need to spend doing this.

Edited by seany65

I can't speak for 'people' as a whole, but I can guarantee you there is no way I'll be playing Fallout 3 or New Vegas mods ever again.

I don't think it is worth modding for a small niche audience of people who still play a game 7 years later.

Edit: And DLC size mods are just a bad idea in general unless you are really, really good and you have friends that are also really, really good and really, really loyal. Anytime I see someone use that term I shudder a bit inside.

Quality over quantity. It is better to make something small that is good than something huge that isn't.

Edited by Tony the Wookie

I can't speak for 'people' as a whole, but I can guarantee you there is no way I'll be playing Fallout 3 or New Vegas mods ever again.

I don't think it is worth modding for a small niche audience of people who still play a game 7 years later.

Edit: And DLC size mods are just a bad idea in general unless you are really, really good and you have friends that are also really, really good and really, really loyal. Anytime I see someone use that term I shudder a bit inside.

Quality over quantity. It is better to make something small that is good than something huge that isn't.

Small? What kind of crap is that? There is still plenty of people playing Fallout 3. Dont make things up.

A good indicator is to check out the Nexus, see if mods are still being made, how many and if they are downloaded.

Just a few seconds in, I found mods made today, 3 hours ago, already downloaded. A mod made yesterday has +70 downloads. Another mod, a week old, has almost 2000 dowloads. People are still playing :smile:

Edited by JohanSutherland

• 4 months later...