Where are we at with the redesign?

TheTokenGeek

I think it's a great idea to rework how space on this site is used. Redesign sounds good to me as long as you don't water it down or over-modernize it in an attempt to make it "mobile friendly." I do think scaling changes would work well; just look at this skinny little comment section that takes only 1/4 of the page yet is 100% of the content.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #30023605. #31841170, #33359095 are all replies on the same post.

BurtFreeman wrote: i come across few time in unmotivated post delete.
looking at the term of service, i think a regulation must be done by forum administrator/regulator, for offence and bad beaviour, instead of giving the ability at the modder to hiding even a constructive comment.
this is almost an improper use of the forum, and what it represent since the very first days of it appereance.
in other word, i do not see any motivation to collaborate posting, if my belive can be deleted without any reason.
so in the future redesign of the site you may want to keep in mind this report.
lot of reguards
rockerfahis wrote: you should learn english before you go criticizing the nexus' rules about things.
DuesExMachina301 wrote: how does his lack of perfect grammar invalidate what he is saying?

i want to hug you :'D

In response to post #29908060. #31267745, #31268320, #31268485 are all replies on the same post.

morpheas768 wrote: Here's the thing: Most people dont like change, especially when it comes to big changes happening fast, and on things that they are well used to/accustomed to.
This is why Google/YouTube introduce their little changes one at a time. Of course YT has gone through some major changes in the past, they generally follow this little rule.

Now, having said that, I am obliged to say that I hate all sorts of change, and in this case even more, since Nexus has one of the best, coziest, user-friendly UI's I've ever seen.
Seriously, visiting your website is a delight, and the ads arent very bad, compared to other sites.
The color scheme is great and fits each game nicely, and the buttons for all important functions are clearly visible and good looking.

What I'm trying to say is, you dont need a redesign from an UI perspective, but since you are aiming for one, please at least try to keep things looking (visually) similar to what you have right now.
And if you are going to introduce major changes to how the sites look, then do them one step at a time, making sure us change-haters sort of ease into it.

Thank you.
DoradusMaximus wrote: NEXUS!!!!! LISTEN TO THIS PERSON!!!!!!!!
NEXUS!!!!! LISTEN TO THIS PERSON!!!!!!!!
DoradusMaximus wrote: If you are to make the site Mobile-Friendly, know this:

- The buttons do not need to be any larger than a user's finger-tip
- Buttons that are too big take up space for other information
- There is always the option of simply making a Nexus Mods App with a mobile-friendly interface.
- As for an interface schematic, I would try to go with something close to the interfaces of the Amazon or Ebay mobile apps - but only instead of buying real-life things your downloading mods (and potentially donating to the mod developer if you like the mod)
- Do not go over-board in trying to simplify the interface - Keep the information, just put it somewhere more convenient
DoradusMaximus wrote: By Making a mobile-app version of the site and keeping the PC/non-mobile-browser version the same, you can please both parties, without loosing support from your loyal fanbase.

Doradus is right: mobile sites are a$$. My experience is that apps are the best for ease of use on phones, but phones in general are fast enough these days to make browsing a normal website feasible. I personally like being able to go from the app to the normal website depending on my needs, and I find mobile sites to be a half-measure that doesn't manage to incorporate the strengths of either apps or normal websites.

I also agree with morpheas.

• 2 weeks later...