Bows, Swords and Knives

Hexxagone

Swords should be possible by using the baseball bat animations, if they're not already in the game (which they probably will be). Not too sure about bows, since guns superseded bows centuries ago (and if it's noise you're worried about, then use a silenced weapon).

I'll definitely be making swords for Fallout. If... that's any surprise to anyone. :P

I've seen some footage of swords, cant remember of the name from fallout 3. it was the same as you build there, only longer, deadlier.

anyway, knives and swords will be in, they was added in fallout 3 and stealth will care a lot more in fallout 4.

maybe you can craft some kind of bows or crossbows in the game, I would celebrate it^^

Same here. I always wondered how the Wasteland had so many available guns but so few options for bows, arrows, arrows with explosive tips, poison arrows, or even arrows that were highly radiated.

or at least crossbows if archery is a little fantasy for Fallout

Edited by BanditHiro

Yeah, bows seem pretty popular for this type of genre ever since Hunger Games and Last of Us. Hopefully Bethesda took notice and included them. Its not like bows would be a new thing for them. Oh, and shields. I'd love to see raiders and the like using makeshift stop sign shields and stuff with one handed melee weapons, or even one handed guns. The riot shield has become a staple for the shooter genre so makeshift shields wouldn't feel out of place.

Oh, and shields. I'd love to see raiders and the like using makeshift stop sign shields and stuff with one handed melee weapons, or even one handed guns. The riot shield has become a staple for the shooter genre so makeshift shields wouldn't feel out of place.

That is very true. I didn't think about it until you mentioned it but that would be super lore-friendly and add a new aspect to combat.

As far as swords go, at the very least we have the shiskabob. Then we will have mods, though I never really saw any sword mods for FO3, so we will see.