[WIPz] Fallout 4 Script Extender (F4SE)

behippo

If we play our [M] saves now, and save/play on them will it bug the save data once F4SE is updated again? I dont want to play and mess up my survival game if so.

It won't bug your save.

• Replies 717
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest deleted20031484

Hm i did play Fallout 4 since today, and then as i started it a 3rd time, it told me i need the new Update, can someone tell me which is the actual version of F4SE? Or does it tell me i need a new one, which isn't uploaded yet?

Thanks

Guest deleted20031484

Ah thanks, i did play before 1 Hour with F4SE and just now it told me i need a new version, also i diddn't upload or change the game anyhow. Very strange.. but, thanks, then i will play withut f4se for now.

Edited by Voiceactor

There has to be some quicker way of updating F4SE. Can't they just let the users input the Fallout4.exe runtime version in ourselves to avoid waiting and insulting the authors until it comes out?

It's kind of funny, I quite FO4 for a few minutes to do something irl, I come back to an update and now I'm locked out the game, do we really need to wait 2 or 3 days now just to play a game?

You can join the team to help them speed things up, otherwise, you have to wait. It's one reason I didn't make anymore requests and is holding off a bit.

Also there are ways to avoid updating the game..but that's if you don't need to have Steam running in online mode.

f4se team, I know that you are all busily beavering away at the new upgrade, but I may have found a 'bug' in the 1.7.12 version. Running f4se, I cannot build the power cycle 1000. Launching with just the fallout4.exe, it builds just fine. Perhaps it is just me, but thought you should know.

I'll keep a copy of the fallout4.exe ver 1.7.12.0 for future testing, as well as the new 1.7.15.0, and will double-save my game just before building the cycle if you all need help verifying this. If there are any logs that you need, just ask.

Thanks for all your good work, gentle people.

There has to be some quicker way of updating F4SE. Can't they just let the users input the Fallout4.exe runtime version in ourselves to avoid waiting and insulting the authors until it comes out?

It's kind of funny, I quite FO4 for a few minutes to do something irl, I come back to an update and now I'm locked out the game, do we really need to wait 2 or 3 days now just to play a game?

You can join the team to help them speed things up, otherwise, you have to wait. It's one reason I didn't make anymore requests and is holding off a bit.

Also there are ways to avoid updating the game..but that's if you don't need to have Steam running in online mode.

Well that's the thing, I always use the f4se_loader.exe shortcut on my desktop to load the game. So when I returned to play it, it had actually updated the game and it was too late by then.

As I'm slowly getting more and more into scripting / programming. I never realized how much of an importance it is to have a functional and usable script.

Today I tried to simply get the length of a string in Papyrus.

You simply can't. How can you not have such a basic utility added into Papyrus.

Godspeed F4SE Team, you guys have your work cut out for you and I can't wait to get a hold of all the utilities you guys will be writing to make our lives much easier.

Sometimes I think Beth does these weekend patches just to screw those of us who can only play on weekends LOL.

I always put a copy of the Fallout4.exe on my desktop so when Beth does a patch I can replace the new one with the copy and my game works again till f4se gets updated