Automatic and no-automatic weapons information

Eferas

Hi guys,

mine is a stupid question I know, but I was never interested in guns and rifle in my life so I don't know the difference between automatic and no-automatic weapons. Searching on google and wikipedia it seems that automatic weapons keep firing while holding the trigger, no-automatic can't do that. But how can I identify what kind of weapon is each one in the game? Is shooting the only way?

Full auto weapons should have the word 'auto' or 'automatic' in their names in the item list, seni-automatic weapons (1 bullet per button press) won't. You'll also see auto in the receiver portion of the crafting bench for those weapons.

An automatic weapon is a gun that uses generally uses two things. When a bullet explodes in the chamber it create air pressure which propels the mechanisms of the gun, such as the slide backwards. This action is used to eject the casing, load another round and cock the firing pin. When the slide returns forward and the trigger is still in the rear locking position, the mechanism causes the hammer to activate once again repeating a cycle. ie: AK47, M60, mp5.

A semi automatic weapon has the cycling mechanism paused until the trigger is pulled again. It still ejects casing, loads new round and cocks the weapon. ie: 95% of pistols, AR15, M1014.

Non-auto weapons are simple weapons the user need to cock for the next round. ie Pump action shotguns, bolt action rifles, musket =D

To answer your question: If the character does an animation between shots, it is not an automatic weapon(Because the character need to prime the next round).

I think the only weapons I've come across so far that are none auto/semi are the hunting rifle, the double barrel shotgun, missile launcher.

Edited by McC1oud