Unlimited Companions should be priority

MasterTouchstone

I don't really do unlimited, having to many companions following you can get tricky and over complicated at times but I do agree, being able to have more then one following you is needed. And also being able to adjust their equipment would be nice. Piper just doesn't look right running into combat with her leather coat and press hat. What's odd is she carries other.. more protective clothes with her, just doesn't wear them.

EDIT: Nevermind, I literly just figured it out!

WHile I enjoyed having mroe than one companion in New Vegas,,....

I"m thinking having more than one in FO4 would just make me insane.

Bethesda seemed to forget all that was done right in New Vegas by Obsidian.

No way to adjust follow distance.

Dogmeat so far is my only follower and that GD dog gets under my feet all the time.

He's also often too late to the party in many fights . Seems his 'ai' is programed to always

manage to be in my way.

Yes I exagerate some there.

So, if someone goes to the major effort to do this, it has to have a well thought out means to manage the follow distances one desires,

at the least.

I've yet to find a human follower to recruit and I hope they bothered to include the ability to alter how the follower

handles combat, as was done in New Vegas.

I got a feeling they probably didn't. So many great concepts done fairly well in New Vegas and Bethesda ignored that work? Weird .

Did anybody notice if HP of companions are affected by difficulty level as in previous Beth games?

At the moment I am running with Codsworth on Survivor and he just doesn't die (go unconscious).

He just smash everybody and I wonder if this is the same case here.

Anyway, anyone got any ideas how this can be checked in game or verified some other way?

Also this is stupid that they cannot die, at least there should be some kind of mechanism that if they go down we got like 5 minutes to revive them with stimpack or something...

Did anybody notice if HP of companions are affected by difficulty level as in previous Beth games?

At the moment I am running with Codsworth on Survivor and he just doesn't die (go unconscious).

Anyway, anyone got any ideas how this can be checked in game or verified some other way?

Also this is stupid that they cannot die, at least there should be some kind of mechanism that if they go down we got like 5 minutes to revive them with stimpack or something...

He does die, but you have to recall that he is an unclear robot. He is a pretty much a tank.

He does die, but you have to recall that he is an unclear robot. He is a pretty much a tank.

As tanky he should be, he also should be affected by the difficulty level and take much more damage and go down much faster. I will try to shoot at companions on other difficulty levels to check it.

The OP is spot on and not just for those who want to run around with a hoarde of followers. Walking into the game on the day it was released, I met this dog. There was no follow me dialogue that I particularly recall - he just followed me home so to speak and the idea that I would tell him to "go away" would seem unnecessary, cruel and completely out of character for a suvivalist trying to unite settlements across the land. But because I had the dog, I got no options when meeting Codsworth to assign him to serve and protect Sanctuary. He was my robot was he not? And, since I won't get any options when I finally meet Piper and whoever else is out there I have to dismiss the dog and have no followers in order to discover who is available and when. Where was the thinking here?

Ok so, it took me 4 frag granades and something like 200 bullets of .38 from one of the first machine guns to make Codsworth to go unconscious on survivor.

On very easy it took me 50 bullets of .38 from the same gun...

Great, so another Bethesda game without companions because of this bullshit ...

Bethesda, Bethesda never changes.