Mods that everyone wants: mega list

Boombro

• Replies 477
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im still hoping he adds my suggestion for ammo creation and gun/armor dissassembly into their respective upgrades instead of base materials :sad:

Ive noticed like 3 or 4 others put up similar topics today alone.

Edited by GSmog

How about some good old Diablo Style Item Highlighing, to make items easy to spot.

With the 2nd rank of the Scrapper Perk, favored items are highlighted in the world to make them easy to see and pick up. I would love to see a mod that takes that idea but assigned the item highlight to a button for a toggle feature like [ALT] was in diablo games and it highlights all items in the ares, not just favored. also maybe highlight locked safes, doors and hackable terminals. I hate carefully searching an area only to still not be sure if i found everything, i'm always second guessing weather or not i missed something and wasting more time looking for stuff in dark corners and hidden under beds, etc. to make much progress in the game. a mod like this would really help out the hoarder community. would something like this be doable?

I am a Fallout world fan, And I still didn’t bought Fallout 4 yet (my current PC doesn’t allow it smoothly) but when I saw the modding capabilities of Fallout 3/NV, and Skrim, that Fallout 4 possibly also have, and also the excellent modders that exist in the community, I thought that in a longer run would be interesting to make an overhaul mod that retires Fallout 4 from the Fallout world (don’t burn me yet), uses the engine and the resources to make a mod that is in fact a new game.

The thing is that currently RPG’s are mostly or fantasy themed or post-apocalyptic. It would be interesting to see:

A Western in the late 19th century (and I believe that Fallout 4 has the resources for that, Fallout 3/NV had) with the Fallout factions replaced by Native Indian tribes, US Bandits, Mexican Bandits, US Army Cav., Buffalo Hunters, gold-diggers, Ranch farmers, Pinkerton Agents… the creatures replaced by real (and also dangerous) ones… snakes, buffalos, jackals, bears, wolfs… This mod could be inspired in some of good Western Movies out there…

And/or

A Colonial mod in the late 19th century, were the player could be an African Tribesman or a Western Explorer, with factions replaced by African Tribes/factions (Zulus, Azande, Ruga-Ruga, Sudanese Mahdists), European Colonial Powers, Missionaries, Slavers, Explorers, Big Game Hunters… the creatures here could also be replaced by real (and also dangerous) ones… snakes, lions, tigers, rhinos… This mod could be inspired in some movies like “Zulu”, “Zulu Dawn”, “Khartoum”, adventure movies like the “Mountains of the Moon”, or even movies in the “King’s Salomon Mines”/”Tarzan”/”Indiana Jones” line. Or even inspired in the book "HEart of Darkness" that was the starting base for the movie "Apocalypse Now".

I am just saying that to have a good game/mod it doesn’t have to be completely fictional.