⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

Deobfuscate the .swf files aka UI modding...a start

Mofakin

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm still puzzled to why the CursorMenu.swf is editable, but the MainMenu.swf isn't. I've read somewhere that flash files can be set into protected mode, but my bet it's because of the hacking tool, messing with AS3. There is a tool that can do it (maybe), but I don't buy a tool for 100€ based on the assumption it could work.

Btw. the .swf's in programs, are the ingame video games, like this Donkey Kong blend etc.

Also, it's obvious now they must have used at least CS6, if at all, since Adobe didn't develope anything beyond CS6. If Beth used any version of the Creative Cloud, it would be nice if someone could figure what version they used. Subscribing to the CC isn't quite as expensive.

Please anyone with problems to not being able to rebind keys. Flood the official forums, we need this fixed!

Not text of the wheel, and seems color blinds did't like it for some reason. I'm not export on that condition to offer a full explanation on the matter sadly.

Colorblind here, the reason it's bad for us is the yellow, orange, red(?) scheme for difficulty of persuasion. For some types of color deficiency (deut, prot, etc) it's hard to recognize what each color is, as they all look the same for us.

Not text of the wheel, and seems color blinds did't like it for some reason. I'm not export on that condition to offer a full explanation on the matter sadly.

Colorblind here, the reason it's bad for us is the yellow, orange, red(?) scheme for difficulty of persuasion. For some types of color deficiency (deut, prot, etc) it's hard to recognize what each color is, as they all look the same for us.

Try setting these in the fallout4.ini file:

[interface]

iDialogueSC_Hard_GlowB=

iDialogueSC_Hard_GlowG=

iDialogueSC_Hard_GlowR=

iDialogueSC_Hard_TintB=

iDialogueSC_Hard_TintG=

iDialogueSC_Hard_TintR=

iDialogueSC_Med_GlowB=

iDialogueSC_Med_GlowG=

iDialogueSC_Med_GlowR=

iDialogueSC_Med_TintB=

iDialogueSC_Med_TintG=

iDialogueSC_Med_TintR=

iDialogueSC_Easy_GlowB=

iDialogueSC_Easy_GlowG=

iDialogueSC_Easy_GlowR=

iDialogueSC_Easy_TintB=

iDialogueSC_Easy_TintG=

iDialogueSC_Easy_TintR=

You'll need to pick colors because I am not sure what will stand out. Each value should be from 0-255, and the RGB triplet makes a color.

Try setting these in the fallout4.ini file:[interface]iDialogueSC_Hard_GlowB=iDialogueSC_Hard_GlowG=iDialogueSC_Hard_GlowR=iDialogueSC_Hard_TintB=iDialogueSC_Hard_TintG=iDialogueSC_Hard_TintR=iDialogueSC_Med_GlowB=iDialogueSC_Med_GlowG=iDialogueSC_Med_GlowR=iDialogueSC_Med_TintB=iDialogueSC_Med_TintG=iDialogueSC_Med_TintR=iDialogueSC_Easy_GlowB=iDialogueSC_Easy_GlowG=iDialogueSC_Easy_GlowR=iDialogueSC_Easy_TintB=iDialogueSC_Easy_TintG=iDialogueSC_Easy_TintR=You'll need to pick colors because I am not sure what will stand out. Each value should be from 0-255, and the RGB triplet makes a color.
I'll do that and come back later, I don't have my computer available. Also, anyone know a npc one can spawn or an action to trigger the persuasion?

Best colors for this would be (I think) just the hard end of the colorfield. So:

Hard: Red + 128 Green

Med: Blue + 128 Green

Easy: Green

For making it more fallouty, I think adding a green tone to them all (except easy ofc) would fix it.

EDIT:: I'm actually not sure if that is a good choice of colors. Maybe straight red, blue & green. But the red and green would be to similar.

Edited by Emilgardis

Pretty sure they're still compiled using CS4. There would be little need for them to update their IDE if the old one worked fine!

I had a very quick look last night. MainMenu.swf doesn't like to be overwritten but I have no idea why. I might take a look at it later tonight. My first thoughts are that this is going to be way too much effort to mod than it is worth. Virtually the same setup as Skyrim but using AS3, so slight more flexibility, but the way things are displayed in the game makes what you can do a little more restrictive (screen space).

As for key binds, there's stuff going on that makes it (as a side effect) difficult to change what can be remapped. So don't expect anything too soon, and I don't see Bethesda rewriting the input code (and UI to display changes) just to satisfy some people unfortunately. Although you make a good point to those who don't use qwerty which isn't an insignificant number of people!

Once I figure out why my graphics card keeps going to 101°C in chargen I'll mess around with the other menus see what I can't break.

Edited by Mardoxx

Try setting these in the fallout4.ini file:

[interface]

iDialogueSC_Hard_GlowB=

iDialogueSC_Hard_GlowG=

iDialogueSC_Hard_GlowR=

iDialogueSC_Hard_TintB=

iDialogueSC_Hard_TintG=

iDialogueSC_Hard_TintR=

iDialogueSC_Med_GlowB=

iDialogueSC_Med_GlowG=

iDialogueSC_Med_GlowR=

iDialogueSC_Med_TintB=

iDialogueSC_Med_TintG=

iDialogueSC_Med_TintR=

iDialogueSC_Easy_GlowB=

iDialogueSC_Easy_GlowG=

iDialogueSC_Easy_GlowR=

iDialogueSC_Easy_TintB=

iDialogueSC_Easy_TintG=

iDialogueSC_Easy_TintR=

You'll need to pick colors because I am not sure what will stand out. Each value should be from 0-255, and the RGB triplet makes a color.

I did what you suggested but I'm not sure I'm seeing any change. Could be that I let the tint be the same as default, (by copying from http://pastebin.com/Yrrpwy0E that someone uploaded here)

New to the forums so sorry if I mess up stuff. Would it be possible to zoom the camera all the way in on the pipboy screen, or would that be too difficult? Right now the biggest complaint (next to keybinds) seems to be that the ui is too small. Could the right click option be zoomed in further to fill the whole screen and then make that the default view instead of the zoomed out mode? That would be a temporary fix while the .swf files are still being decompiled.