All the hate

Kexon

Skyrim was a very new and unique Rpg. Even with its problems was still a fun game with lots and lots of options.

Fallout 4 had they expectations of Skyrim based on the engine and how well the staff did on that game presumed it would be done on FO4.

How in the world was Skyrim 'unique'? It was just like the other Elder Scrolls except it was more dumbed down and streamlined. They removed a lot of features and RPG elements that were in previous titles. I think it's an okay game, but there is nothing unique about it.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Skyrim was a very new and unique Rpg. Even with its problems was still a fun game with lots and lots of options.

Fallout 4 had they expectations of Skyrim based on the engine and how well the staff did on that game presumed it would be done on FO4.

How in the world was Skyrim 'unique'? It was just like the other Elder Scrolls except it was more dumbed down and streamlined. They removed a lot of features and RPG elements that were in previous titles. I think it's an okay game, but there is nothing unique about it.

It does.

Shouts as power were new at least. And quests and world building were good.

It does.

Shouts as power were new at least. And quests and world building were good.

So if a game adds something new it's 'unique' now? The quests were not as good. There was nothing really memorable in Skyrim, and I played it twice, however I have fond memories of Oblivion and Morrowind ones. Mostly what I didn't like was how bad the factions were. Both the Thieve's guild and the Dark Brotherhood were so lackluster, shallow, very short and forgettable compared to Oblivion. In Oblivion you'd play the game for those factions alone. Oblivion had it's fare share of problems too, and was not a perfect game however.

Skyrim's factions and quests were still enjoyable, but disappointing. I don't think I could play that game without mods.

Another thing is that It's pretty hypocritical to accuse Fallout 4 of removing rpg elements and then turn around and praise Skyrim when it heavily did exactly the same thing, so did Oblivion, hell even Morrowind removed rpg elements that were in Daggerfall.

I also can't believe people are saying Fallout 4's writing is bad, but Skyrims was fine. Nice rose tinted glasses. Bethesda has always been shoddy at writing, Fallout 3's writing was cringey as hell, even stuff in Oblivion and Morrowind as well. Writing has never been Bethesda's strong suit. Fallout 4 is no different from any other Bethesda game I've played when it comes to writing, are people just coming to a sudden realization? I don't get it.

Edited by VendorGeal

Oh yeah Oblivion.

That game quests made the the shitty gameplay worth it. The mages guild was mysterious, the TG was tense, the DB epic, the fighters sad, the dlc and side quests were a mixture of those. They still with me until this day.

If fo4 had the same level of writing and questing, this game would be epic.

I for one, as previously stated, really miss hardcore needs.

But i am disappointed with the gfx. I still had to mess with the INIs to increase details of shadows and LOD on Ultra (the water LOD is terrible) and use a thrid party tool to counter the 64hz bug. My 980ti is nearly asleep on the job and cpu not far behind because they arent doing much. 2 sec load screens for me. I reckon i could easily run the trailer gfx. And ugrids at 5. Lol. Supposed to be DX11 with better multithreading and still 5. While the density of thr map is much nicer than previous titles, almost a dream come true and i love it, i just cant understand why after more than a decade they bork it this much. The tex quality isnt even all that great, ive got nicer textures in NV ffs. I dont like DoF much but Bokeh is my favorite, too bad the TAA causes that gridish blur effect in conversations in the sunlight (mainly but not limited).

And as if they didnt copy a few things from ENB and Project Nevada lol. Ive also noticed that some crafting options/mods in higher tier a dont even increase stats, some only value but same stats as the lower ranking counterpart. I love crafting and this is confusing. Not to mention the severe lack of screws to be found, adhesive i can understand but screws? Lmfao Bethesda just love to form hate/love relations with their customers.

I think they dumped most of their money into marketing, without modders for the previous games i think theyd be fudged for ideas. I would have thought their dev team would have matured a lot by now, but having the 64hz bug on day one just proves they are still trying to turn a lemon into a Lexus.

Having said all that, this is still one of my top 3 favorite games already. The got the gunplay right i think, but i think they arent good enough to move away from Gamebyro just yet, or at least completely overhaul it into the "new engine" they claim it to be. So glad Papyrus has made a return here too lol. Not really.

You people spend far too much time here on the forums instead of enjoying the game.
and don't like it?

put it away, simple as that.

and why should anyone care if it's missing some thing YOU want?
stop crying and accept that you can't get everything.

You people spend far too much time here on the forums instead of enjoying the game.

and don't like it?

put it away, simple as that.

and why should anyone care if it's missing some thing YOU want?

stop crying and accept that you can't get everything.

Thats all well and good to say that, if you havent been playing Bethesda titles since Morrowind or earlier.