All the hate

Kexon

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont get it either tbh. Somehow i keep expecting great things, indeed they do improve a lot, but a lot of times at the expense of some other part of the game.

Cannot stop scratching my head over this Survival mode.

I dont get it either tbh. Somehow i keep expecting great things, indeed they do improve a lot, but a lot of times at the expense of some other part of the game.

Cannot stop scratching my head over this Survival mode.

It their own ideas about tweaking, balancing and improving. They have said they wanted to improve their writing. While one can see that the followers and npcs improved indeed, the voiced pc suffers.

No ideas about about quests though. Skyrim was rushed and patch to work that why the quests are rushed, but fo4 had all the time they wanted. Why are they all pew pew? While some quests have more in them, like turning on a water plant, and getting some stuff with the paladin, they are not that fun.

But some gameplay aspects of fo4 are great and I wish to improved upon and carry over the tes games. Making houses just what you like them to be, better followers that fits different play styles, building, better AI etc.

To clarify a couple of things from my earlier post. Skyrim may have ripped off some things from every game before them. It was the first in Beths FPS/RPG, in having a true open world. I have still not completed that game as there is soooo much you can do and not mess up the story line.

We are in the Apocalypse, where are the rad roaches, scorpions, etc... should be almost everywhere, and not tied to a specific point of interest. NV at least had a lot of creatures to fight and its a desert. Boston is in a temperate zone with mutant deer, elk, bears oh my. But alas nope, no nada.

As I progress somethings are starting to look better but the glaring ones are getting worse. One is why is there so much clipping around buildings and rocks. I have a good rig and i am running everything on ultra, with motion blur and lens flare removed. I still get 75fps @60mhz.

Plus I hate wearing raider armor, why can't I make my own from leather metal etc... I like the power armor it feels like power armor, but I don't like wearing t all the time. Rant mode off.

Reading these threads makes me laugh, to many people wanted some be all end all RPG from Beth and got something slightly less then what they expected THEN cry and whine about it and rage over nothing. Is the game bad? hell no, is it really a Fallout game? yes and no, does it deserve the hate towards it? not in my opinion but meh let the angry people be angry and just laugh at them for being sad and not having anything better to do.

Ill say this again, its not hate, its disappointment. You might not like to role play in a real hardcore survival environment, which is what the game is all about. While i will concur that raging over it is a bit silly, my opinion remains the same, it was in NV so why isnt it here.

Ill say this again, its not hate, its disappointment. You might not like to role play in a real hardcore survival environment, which is what the game is all about. While i will concur that raging over it is a bit silly, my opinion remains the same, it was in NV so why isnt it here.

You should know why it isn't here... Want me to say it out loud? Ok.

Game is dumbed down for typical Bethesda fanboy. Everything that could cause any problems was removed - skills that required thinking before taking, different types of ammo, dialogue options that have any consequences, hardcore mode, item degradation and so on...

Realy, I can't understand why they made game in post apocalyptic setting and removed everything that has anything to do with survivig in such environment. But, hey... I'm actualy surprised that they left radiation in place.

Ok, so this isn't a spoiler but I'll spoiler it anyway:

I really really really had a hard time liking this game... until I reached Diamond City. This little shanty town has a bunch of quests and NPCs and it really saved the day for me. It brought the RPG back into what was looking like a boring FPS.

The RPG is CRITICAL to this franchise so I was very happy to see Diamond City save the day.

That's not to say I have the crack cocaine urge to play Fallout 4 until 3 am every day like I did for the first, oh, 1,000 hours of Skyrim. Actually, I feel like an hour, or hour and a half of Fallout 4 is more than enough each day. Which isn't much for a video game at its release.

BUT if the RPG continues to build then there's hope yet.