Seems an I5 is a bottleneck, I7 required!

Poacher886

I'm not seeing any problems so far but I haven't done much except reach Concord. Still, hasn't dipped at all from 60fps with everything on Ultra @ 1080p. This is on an i5-3750K with a moderate overclock only. I forget what exactly. But a GTX980 for GPU.

Still, if games are finally making i7s relevant for gaming, that's not a bad thing.

Yea, i actually have a first Gen I5-760 @ 4.35, hoping this will be fine as it puts out a physics score matching or beating a stock I5-4690k on 3dmark.

However as mentioned it is interesting to see the threads being used on the I7, very few games where an I7 makes any difference over an I5. Tempted to put a I7-870 in my MB now..!

Running a five year old i5 760 @2.8 with Geforce GTX960 2GB and 16GB DDR3; even at max settings, I've only run into trouble once in 26h, in a large single-zone building with a bunch of enemies fighting each other with explosives throwing a whole bunch of objects around at the same time (and I suspect a background program may have been the real culprit). I run at 1920x1080 resolution. Processor usage in-game for me is high, 80-90%, but not quite maxed out. If you have a newer i5 @3.5 or better, you shouldn't be having any trouble at all.

My I5 3.4 is running the game ok. I use Nvidia to optimize my graphics and the game looks great. The Nvidia optimization also worked real well with New Vegas. The Fallout 4 load times appear to be a bit slow but combat has no slowdowns.

Edited by Groogo

My i5 4690 (3.5ghz clock) is running the game perfectly fine. There is a ~5% difference between my CPU and the i7 that Bethesda recommend.
It's also installed on an SSD on a PC that is running a GTX 960 2GB and 16GB of memory... 1920x1080.

After the INI tweaks, I'm constantly on 60 frames.