Geck crashing on weapon edit

JoePozlander

fmonster, you do not need to uninstall all your mods, if uninstalling helps. Just rename folder "data/meshes" to "data/meshes.bak", in example, and just in case "data/textures" to "data/textures.bak". Then work with weapons in GECK, save your plugin and rename folders back, by deleting new ".bak" part of their names.

To avoid this routine we need to know, which file is bad (or, maybe, there just too many of them).

P.S.: Modded and new weapons NOT skip models from hidden folders, until you hit edit model button. If you NEED change a model, create new "meshes" folder near just hidden original, place there models you need, keeping path the same to original and possibly you can change weapon models too... if these models NOT those bad files, which crash GECK. At least you will know.

thanks. i figured out how to properly use FNVEdit and I'm using that instead now. I still use GECK for scripts though. What haunts me the most was that I still couldn't find a fix to the problem and had to circumvent it.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ladies and gents i have finally after 3 effing months of searching and troubleshooting and looking online hoplng someone better than me can help have found a working solution. you all need to dl this and run it on the geck.exe http://www.ntcore.com/4gb_patch.php it fixed my issue what it does is allow 64 bit systems to run it easier by allocating more RAM to the geck amongst other things.

Edited by mrchaos500

• 4 weeks later...

Ok This makes no sense to me. I could not edit weapons. Other things like NPCs were fine. uninstall latest Fallout Character Overhaul and presto, can edit weapons once more. Strange that a face mod should have an effect on guns.

Edited by Jamryan16th

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

The file from FCO that is causing Geck to crash when editing weapons is eyebrowm.nif in: Data\meshes\characters\hair

I can confirm that removing the "eyebrowm.nif" along with patching the geck with 4gbs perfectly solved my issue with the geck crashing on windows 10 while editing a weapon. The issue has been solved! MY GOD! yes! http://www.ntcore.com/4gb_patch.php

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I'd hate to interject on this topic, but I have been experiencing the same problems. I tried the 4gb patch and I never had the FCO. The add-ons I do have are; Autumn leaves, FNV Christmas Special, Beyond Boulder Dome, FO3 restoration pack, NV Rock-it launcher, and a few test mods that I made. I am running windows 10 x64, if that means anything.