⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

Geck crashing on weapon edit

JoePozlander

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The file from FCO that is causing Geck to crash when editing weapons is eyebrowm.nif in: Data\meshes\characters\hair

I know this thread is old but damn, ty so much for figuring that out, it's incredible how a single file can mess with the Geck, now everytime i will use it i'll cut this file and place it back when i'll want to play.

I can finally work on NPC, weapons and Interior/Exterior cells without the Geck crashing, thank you. :)

• 10 months later...

The file from FCO that is causing Geck to crash when editing weapons is eyebrowm.nif in: Data\meshes\characters\hair

I know this thread is old but damn, ty so much for figuring that out, it's incredible how a single file can mess with the Geck, now everytime i will use it i'll cut this file and place it back when i'll want to play.

I can finally work on NPC, weapons and Interior/Exterior cells without the Geck crashing, thank you. :smile:

Thank you so much, I had almost given up hope! Now I can make Millenia's M16a2 fully auto! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!

• 7 months later...

To date we are not aware of any problems with the GOG version that do not also apply to the Steam version. Which includes the GECK.

Please see the 'GECK: Common Problems' section of the wiki "Getting started creating mods using GECK" article. Switching from "GECK PowerUp" to "GECK Extender" would be the first step. Otherwise you will need to be more explicit about your problem, such exactly what plugins you are loading and which are you setting as "active".

Anytime the game "Crashes to the Desktop" (CTD) it's typically going to generate an error message in the Windows Eventlog. Please see the "Windows Error Messages" section of the wiki "How to read most Bethesda game error logs" article.

-Dubious-

I have the same problem i don't have FCO and GECK keeps crashing when i try to edit any weapons stats what i do have is Fallout new vegas GOG version and FO3 with GOG version and TTW mod maybe thats why it keeps crashing

TTW: uses the NV version of GECK to edit files and then a script is required to run on what ever you edit.

If I read this right? assuming your using Fo3 geck? that won't work, version is NV Not Fo3.

To date we are not aware of any problems with the GOG version that do not also apply to the Steam version.ÃÂ Which includes the GECK.

ÃÂ

Please see the 'GECK: Common Problems' section of the wiki "Getting started creating mods using GECK" article. Switching from "GECK PowerUp" to "GECK Extender" would be the first step.ÃÂ Otherwise you will need to be more explicit about your problem, such exactly what plugins you are loading and which are you setting as "active".

ÃÂ

Anytime the game "Crashes to the Desktop" (CTD) it's typically going to generate an error message in the Windows Eventlog.ÃÂ Please see the "Windows Error Messages" section of the wiki "How to read most Bethesda game error logs" article.

-Dubious-

Well i have tried geck powerup it is not working GOG version is just not working well with G.E.C.K

Edited by aLp3r

I have the same problem i don't have FCO and GECK keeps crashing when i try to edit any weapons stats what i do have is Fallout new vegas GOG version and FO3 with GOG version and TTW mod maybe thats why it keeps crashing

TTW: uses the NV version of GECK to edit files and then a script is required to run on what ever you edit.

Â

If I read this right? assuming your using Fo3 geck? that won't work, version is NV Not Fo3.

No i have tried NV G.E.C.K not FO3 G.E.C.K

No i have tried NV G.E.C.K not FO3 G.E.C.K

List Full info about your Entire setup, Where is Galaxy setup at, what directory, what OS ?

In a spoiler tag here in your response...List the plugin.txt file the game is using, in the games main folder, there is supposed to be a record made by the GECK as to errors found IF any. If so, list that also in a spoiler separately.

There are differences between the products, other wise there would not be DRM free available or GoG.com would not be there for you.

If there are differences ? Perhaps data is missing the Kit requires...Or the ripped out data is why the GECK has issues.

But upmost list what your loading.