Same-sex marriage.

notfadeaway

Arguing if it breaks "Lore" or "Cannon", or the "Intent" of Bethesda is almost completely irrelevant when talking about morning. If you want to keep it that rigid, that's fine; you don't have to use every mod.

I agree with the latter but not the former. I happily load over a hundred mods in every bethesda game but I don't load things that interfere with canon. It's a matter of courtesy already observed on the Nexus to point out lore friendly vs non, as I am hardly the only player who feels that way. It can waste hours of play to install a mod only to find it added something wildly lore unfriendly. With that in mind, I felt it worth pointing out that a character can be gay even if they start the game married to the opposite sex.
Well, that's why I said, "almost completely irrelevant..."; certainly mods should indicate if they're lore friendly or breaking. So, yeah, I agree there.

And, about the last bit in your post; I think a lot of people don't know or haven't realised yet that same sex relationships are possible. Don't know what rock they've been under, but it hasn't exactly been kept secret. But I think its unfortunate it can't be that way from the start.

Edited by acelogan

Agree, OP. If I'm forced to be married with a kid, at least let me be in the kind of relationship I want.

You in for a happy surprise about 10 minutes in-game. It like saying you hate the pre-war house and didn't pick it.

Then you can romance about three men, or 2-3? women. Whatever you want.

It's not just about the sex of my spouse. Being a loving wife, mother and war veteran makes it difficult to explain why my character is a gaunt-looking pickpocketing thief.

That was before the war.

After you get it, you have nothing, everything changes in Boston, you know no one, every place you go to has dead people, there are monsters around, buildings and streets you used to hang on it has riders and super humans that will shoot you on sight and bugs as bigs as your face fly around happily.

You also missed all you fav sitcoms and soap operas.

If you are bothered why she is nice, pretend it a second face. No self-respecting thief will act like one in front of other people he wants to rob.

It's not just about the sex of my spouse. Being a loving wife, mother and war veteran makes it difficult to explain why my character is a gaunt-looking pickpocketing thief.

Watch the Walking Dead for a season. It's great for pointing out how close we all actually are to going from well adjusted people to murders and highwaymen. Turns out the fall ain't as far as we would like to think it is.

Watch the Walking Dead for a season. It's great for pointing out how close we all actually are to going from well adjusted people to murders and highwaymen. Turns out the fall ain't as far as we would like to think it is.

If you were a lawful person that it and pressured with death.

The world of TWD is much harsher than fo world. At least in fo there are cities, farms, traders and others.

I think the marriage is just an easy way to do the char gen. I personally like it a lot better than the 'here is a digital mirror, tell me what you look like' thing. There is the underlying point that not only are you doing char gen for your own character, but a combination of the two will be used to auto gen Shaun. Or, at least that's what was said. So, swapping it to a same sex with an adoption could be a potentially heavy scripted mod. Because not only are you changing one sex to another and all those markers, but also altering what your 'adopted' child is going to look like.

So, I don't think it really has to deal with anti-gay marriage. Beth has pretty much always been open to that, at least in the games I've played. It's just the fact that they are giving you a char gen, but also using that char gen to create a unique NPC based on both the mother and father.