Weapons we want in Fallout 4

phantomshotgun

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I actually start learning Blender etc, I will bring back the American Assault Rifle from Fallout 3. I can't stand Fallout 4's Assault Rifle. God I miss the American Assault Rifle.

The R91 assault rifle was an early HK G3/CETME .308 making it a German gun...fallout has some weird thing that started in Fallout 3 where apparently the US Gov't phased out the M series rifles in favor of the R series <check the wiki for the full detail on that> but in Fallout New Vegas there's several AR-15/M16 variants as well as the M16A1 making in appearance in both Fallout 1 and 2 meaning that for some reason they decided to backtrack and adopt the already outdated G3 pattern in place of the M16 -because lore?- who knows...but ya the R91 and Chinese Assault Rifle of F3 as well as the Service Rife [and variants] from FNV were far more fun to use and dont feel out of place whereas the clunky pile of tubes and whatever mess of a lewis gun abortion that birthed the F4 assault rifle needs to die. asap.

If I actually start learning Blender etc, I will bring back the American Assault Rifle from Fallout 3. I can't stand Fallout 4's Assault Rifle. God I miss the American Assault Rifle.

The R91 assault rifle was an early HK G3/CETME .308 making it a German gun...fallout has some weird thing that started in Fallout 3 where apparently the US Gov't phased out the M series rifles in favor of the R series <check the wiki for the full detail on that> but in Fallout New Vegas there's several AR-15/M16 variants as well as the M16A1 making in appearance in both Fallout 1 and 2 meaning that for some reason they decided to backtrack and adopt the already outdated G3 pattern in place of the M16 -because lore?- who knows...but ya the R91 and Chinese Assault Rifle of F3 as well as the Service Rife [and variants] from FNV were far more fun to use and dont feel out of place whereas the clunky pile of tubes and whatever mess of a lewis gun abortion that birthed the F4 assault rifle needs to die. asap.

My best head canon guess is an unmentioned change/update to the National Firearms Act (or Fallout universe equivalent) allowing the manufacture and sale of the covered guns to civilians after the introduction of power armor and what were seeing with the seemingly random distribution are regional civilian preference. The FO4 'Assault Rifle' actually is a Luis gun, after 210 years of jerry rigging and shoddy repairs. I can't explain the uniformity of the appearance though. My big complaint with the guns in FO4 though has to be the complete lack of M2 browning 'Ma Duse' guns. they are literally everywhere in today's U.S. military and are built in mounted (for settlement defense) and man portable versions. They would be a heck of a lot more reliable than the dismounted Gatling gun witch are massively inaccurate even when mounted.

Edited by coolphoton1234

I would love to see a Mod that adds the Phillips & Rodgers Medusa Model 47 to the game. Find a way to allow you to be able to fire any bullet you have in your inventory that qualifies as the right ammo type. Maybe use a holo tape option that can be quick keyed to indicate which bullets to use when you go to fire it. Allowing you to mix and match different ranges (for instance have it set up to choose 1-6 slots and you choose that the first 3 slots will fire 10mm while the next 2 will fire 38 and the last chamber will fire a 5mm or maybe set it up as firing 44 0r 45's.... Here is the guns info. The Medusa's frame constructed from 8620 steel which has been spacially hardened. The match grade barrel is constructed from 4150 vanadium steel with available barrel lengths of 2.5, 3, 4, 5, 6 inches. The barrel has 9 rifle grooves instead of the normal 6 to 8 for revolvers. The revolver has a matte blue finish. The grips are rubber. The weapon comes standard with adjustable rear sights and changeable front sights.

Weight: 2.38 lbs (1.08 kg) empty. Caliber: Can chamber, fire, and extract almsot any cartridges in the .38/9mm/.357 ammunition range (Does not include .357 Sig). Barrel Length: 2.5 inch (6.4 cm), 3 inches (7.6 cm), 4 inch (10.2 cm), 5 inch (12.7 cm), or 6 inch (15.2 cm). Action: Double Action. Range: 150 ft (45.7 m). Cylinder: 6 rounds . Special: Very accurate, Unusual Revolver that can use multiple calibers.

List of all Bullet it can fire.

Ammunition [ edit ]

Weapons we want in Fallout 4

List of guns that need to be made are:

AK-47

AK-74

AA-12 (you know you want it)

AR-15 (with tones of mods from upper & lower receiver with different models and maybe mods to make it into a AR-10 or others)

SVD Dragonov

Mosin Nagant (with clip reloading animation please)

M14

P08 Luger

K98

M1 Grand

Mauser C96 (AKA the Chinese Pistol from Fallout 3) with reasonable mods to make it into a artillery version (a rifle pistol)

and Some Bull pup weapons if someone can make a very good reloading animation for them

I'll add more to the list if people make good recommendations or if many people want the same kind of gun listed. I know most of these guns don't have the correct ammo yet in fallout 4. but knowing how crazy the fallout mod community is, we might see a realistic ammo mod sooner or later. Plus i hope to see a lot of interesting mod options for these guns, seeing how the customization is pretty crazy on some of these guns.

NOTE: also if any of the guns i just listed are already in the game i do apologize but i have yet to see a full list of the weapons available in game.

Sounds good. When are you going to start? Oh, you wants us to make them for you? Did you think that the modders are here just to make your toys for you Don't know how to mod? Give it a try like they did. Easy, no. Rewarding, yes. Can't do it, then do without like I do.

The Rabbit