Settlement Building Feels Off

Sirchase

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats really annoying me, setting up fences in they cant seem to go ob a slant. And its a mess building a second story on your main building too. Im reasonably happy with how i set up Sanctuary, but those junk fences dont click together, so ill pretend they are holes for shooting out of ;)

Yes. As evidence by the fact you literally can't pick a new thing in the furniture menu if you're in a house made out of the pieces they designed to building, since doing so selects whatever piece you're looking at. You have to actually LOOK AWAY from every single thing you've placed to select a new piece in the menu, turning building any reasonable sized structures into an archaic game of peekaboo.

Thats really annoying me, setting up fences in they cant seem to go ob a slant. And its a mess building a second story on your main building too. Im reasonably happy with how i set up Sanctuary, but those junk fences dont click together, so ill pretend they are holes for shooting out of :wink:

Second storys are super duper easy to setup though, once you realize there is a tileset specifically for it in the wood floor structures list.

I was hoping to build around or even repair exisiting structures (i wanted to fortify Concord,) but looks like the main idea is building new ugly wooden shacks.

Good to have in the game but atm its console level and not god tier pc modding tier.

Best settlement location is Hangmans alley. I was thinking of posting my build soon.

Also I have plans to work on the settlement system for modding. I am envisioning settlement "size" expansion. Where the range of the settlement borders increase when you hit population milestones.

Edited by McC1oud