Settlement Building Feels Off

Sirchase

I'm wating in eager anticipation for modders to fix Bethesda's lame attempt at providing building functionality!! I mean, really, you can't even turn off snap or overlap items?! It's like they forgot to bring in someone who knows about CAD or design tools to help with that part of the game.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is pretty basic. I suspect their next attempt will be more fluid. Are there any other games of any other types that can do this? It's definitely a type of Minecraft-style building, problem is that the graphics and models aren't all simple cubes.

I can't see how it is minecraft like.

Some steam games that are survival based. Forest has a good one, but didn't play for almost a year on a friend's pc. However, applying it to all npcs houses it really time consuming.

I definitely would have liked to have seen some more but what we have is still pretty cool none the less. I've certainly spent quite a bit of time building up sanctuary. One thing I dislike is how many pieces do not mesh well with uneven terrain. A lot of stuff ends up floating or looking awkward in that aspect. That part certainly could be improved upon.

I definitely would have liked to have seen some more but what we have is still pretty cool none the less. I've certainly spent quite a bit of time building up sanctuary. One thing I dislike is how many pieces do not mesh well with uneven terrain. A lot of stuff ends up floating or looking awkward in that aspect. That part certainly could be improved upon.

How good is that really? I mean you can already fast travel to any location you have discovered already.

If you make the fast travel point you will appear directly on that welcome mat instead of the default fast travel point. For example; say you have the garage door closed at the Red Rocket. If your welcome mat is inside the door that is where you will appear instead of up the road. Or, say you want to appear at some other house that the default one when you fast travel to Sanctuary. Just plop one of them down and Bob's your uncle.

I *think* there's a foundation piece in there somewhere. Maybe that would help? I haven't messed with it much yet. The fast-travel point welcome mat is awesome!

That foundation floor piece is rly usefull if you want to make buildings or a bigger paltform on a uneven terrain. My whole settlement in Nordhagen Beach except for the building that was there from the start is made on such foundations.

But its a real pain if you want to place something that should be on the ground, like the fence around your crops, a fireplace or some crates and chairs. It would be awesome if there would be an option to place an object underground, so if the terrain is uneven you just put the object a little bit under the surface and it would look natural. And the foundation floor already has this option so I think that it shouldn't be to hard to make all other objects like this.

Edited by NDDragor

If you make the fast travel point you will appear directly on that welcome mat instead of the default fast travel point. For example; say you have the garage door closed at the Red Rocket. If your welcome mat is inside the door that is where you will appear instead of up the road. Or, say you want to appear at some other house that the default one when you fast travel to Sanctuary. Just plop one of them down and Bob's your uncle.

Wow, never noticed that. That great!