Who are you voting for?

kvnchrist

• Replies 439
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe this very conundrum came up on a tangent somewhere, think it was 'dumb user comments'. Such a good sequence and so much truth in it!

From experience, nature appears to be quite cruel (well actually rather just 'doesn't give a crap', cuz I'm not sure their is a motive - but the effect is the same either way) and so truth and fiction end up being one in the same i.e. any system we create will fail because things in the universe are not static and are constantly changing.

There comes a point where politics becomes meaningless as it is, in a sense, an art of lying - making the system fit. We all know that once you start a lie it has to get bigger and bigger till it all just becomes so ridiculous that every one can see it (just like in Pinocchio - how much depth we find in old stories as we mature).

I think Orwell came up earlier in this thread too and well I just have to check my pulse sometimes as one looks around and sees us building our own prisons. But then the sheer irony of it all is actually, somewhat, dangerously alluring, and so if it isn't some cataclysmic catastrophe then maybe nihilism is nature's final sting in the tail.

Either all that, or perhaps its simply cuz we are all rather dumb :rolleyes: