Plans to Redo FO3 and NV on the updated engine?

Deleted4363562User

I really would like to Redo New Vegas on fallout 4 and plan on looking into this when I can get the GECK. I was thinking about joining the people that are doing Skywind, but I have never really played morrow wind and so did not have a lot of enthusiasm to spend time on that project.Though I do look forward to its completion.

So yes there is at least one person who wants too see if Fallout NV can be remade on the new Creation Engine.I hope others will come along and help make it a reality.I'll probably only be able to add the map and maybe the NPC's and if I learn how, the quests.I don't even know if I could do all that, I've done a bit of modding in the past but nothing of this scope.Mostly personal stuff that never gets published. But I will try . I cant do much in the way of programming though, so that's where I'll need help.

Ohh and to actually answer you question as best I could guess.My guess would be that no the people behind skywind will probably not be doing this. I would guess that the people with the dedication to remake morrow wind are more into medieval swords and sorcery type games, and probably not interested in post apocalyptic games that much(or they would be to busy playing them to remake morrow wind).But I could be wrong.

Edited by STE41k

IIRC this was tried before on previous Bethesda games

the problem lies in copyrighted material

specific to the game, not specific to the developer

it failed on the legal front

More than once. Long story short, you are not allowed to port content from one game to another. Ever. It's no different than giving away free copies of Fallout 3 and New Vegas.

The legality depends on how you go about it, create everything from scratch or have assets ported locally then Bethesda won't like it, but it'll be legal, porting assets and then sharing them is illegal and you'll be jumped on from a great height. Either way I doubt you'd be able to upload it here.

Skywind is bassically recreating every mesh and texture from Morrowind from scratch exactly like the original. Also every quest is rebuild from scratch. The only thing they "copy" is the layout of the land and buildings so it looks exavtly like the Morrowind original game.

A Tale of two Wastelands requires you to have both games and does not copy anything. FO3 and NV are bassically the same and in short and simplified, A Tale of Two wastelands only connects both games, there is no exchange/coppying of assets.

Yes, i would like to see a conversion or A tale of three Wastelands connecting all 3 games, i do not much care for lore inconsistencies but the effort would be huge like Skywind and Skyblivion together, take a huge team and years of planning.

Unless Bethesda makes an exception and allows the base assets/meshes from FO3 and NV to be copied and only retextured with new or FO4 textures, i do not see it ever happening. Bethesda would be stupid not to, they only have to make it mandatory that the player owns legal copies of all 3 games. If i was Bethesda i'd even actively support it, hell even just for the money, it would boost sales for FO3 and NV next to FO4 just imagine the sheer scale of the game.

Just imagine taking that BOS airship and flying it to the Capital wasteland or Mojave.

Hello mr House and Ceasar i come to take over with my Synth army lol lol i just wiped Enclave out in the capitol wasteland. Okay, okay, now i'm over exaggerating :-)

Problem with New Vegas is that half the material is owned by Obsidian, your not even allowed to upload modified NV content from what ive seen.

It is possible, but it will likely be an underground project and like many other attempts, it likely will never make it outta beta/alpha status before the next game hits us.