Nexus Mod Manager (0.61.0) with Fallout 4 Support Released!

SirSalami

In response to post #30778695. #30786885 is also a reply to the same post.

BigSexy2010 wrote:

In response to post #30729645.

BigSexy2010 wrote:

I have done all that you have listed to the letter. And still the NNM warning apears and I cannot ativate any mods that I have downloded.

The first time you start the game it checks your hardware and creates the ini file based on what it finds. The game should work then.

The ini changes needed to get NMM to work are not going to cause problems as they are NOT based on any specific hardware. They are just a few changes to YOUR ini, not a complete ini replacement

The problem comes from some modder claiming he has the perfect ini for the game and saying just download his ini and replace your ini with it. These people really have no clue that the ini is not the same for everyone.

There are two ini files BOTH must have the proper changes and they are different for each one. Be sure to save the file after editing it

Here are the insrtructions from the link

How to enable modding

Navigate to your Fallout 4 Folder at the following location "Documents/My Games/Fallout 4" Within this folder will be a number of .ini files, highlight "Fallout4Prefs.ini" and "Fallout4.ini". Right Click, select Properties and ensure that these are NOT marked as read only. Open Fallout4Prefs.ini with your favourite text editor (we use Notepad++). - ANY Text editor will work, including the notepad built into Windows Navigate to the very bottom and you will see the line [Launcher]. Directly underneath this, copy the following text: bEnableFileSelection=1 Save and Close Open Fallout4.ini with your favourite text editor. Find the line that reads: sResourceDataDirsFinal=STRINGS\ Replace this with the following text: Pay attention to punctuation, spelling and spaces as if you get anything wrong it will not work. easiest way is to copy from here and paste to the ini file sResourceDataDirsFinal=STRINGS\, TEXTURES\, MUSIC\, SOUND\, INTERFACE\, MESHES\, PROGRAMS\, MATERIALS\, LODSETTINGS\, VIS\, MISC\, SCRIPTS\, SHADERSFX\ Save and close...

You're ready to get modding :smile:

Problem solved.

You probably have whitespace after this guy "SHADERSFX\" in fallout4.ini and NMM apparently checks lines by exact matching... so it filters out your modifications to ini files %)

I checked for whitespace there was none problem presists. Any other ideas?

Akaviral wrote: Same here. I've scoured for answers but all were futile in helping :(

Okay. so here's the deal. I finally found the solution and this may be useless for you but worth a shot to share knowledge.. Under [Archive] where all the SHADERSFX\, etc. stuff is, look for "sResourceDataDirsFinal=" under it. I had more than one and instead of replacing the one in the MIDDLE of the [Archive] area, I copied the new line under [Archive]. So I'd suggest checking the Fallout4.ini file to see if you copied it under the rest and didn't replace it instead. I sincerely hope this helps.

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've followed instructions and can launch the game without any sort of crash or "edit x.ini" message, but the mod doesn't seem to be loading. Just starting with the "Value per Weight indicator for container UI" mod. On my mods tab it shows up and gives me a green check, but it's not working no matter where I launch the game from. Did I miss a step?

In response to post #30778695. #30786885 is also a reply to the same post.

BigSexy2010 wrote:

I checked for whitespace there was none problem presists. Any other ideas?

In response to post #30729645.

BigSexy2010 wrote:

I have done all that you have listed to the letter. And still the NNM warning apears and I cannot ativate any mods that I have downloded.

The first time you start the game it checks your hardware and creates the ini file based on what it finds. The game should work then.

The ini changes needed to get NMM to work are not going to cause problems as they are NOT based on any specific hardware. They are just a few changes to YOUR ini, not a complete ini replacement

The problem comes from some modder claiming he has the perfect ini for the game and saying just download his ini and replace your ini with it. These people really have no clue that the ini is not the same for everyone.

There are two ini files BOTH must have the proper changes and they are different for each one. Be sure to save the file after editing it

Here are the insrtructions from the link

How to enable modding

1. Navigate to your Fallout 4 Folder at the following location "Documents/My Games/Fallout 4"
  2. Within this folder will be a number of .ini files, highlight "Fallout4Prefs.ini" and "Fallout4.ini".
  3. Right Click, select Properties and ensure that these are NOT marked as read only.
  4. Open Fallout4Prefs.ini with your favourite text editor (we use Notepad++). - ANY Text editor will work, including the notepad built into Windows
  5. Navigate to the very bottom and you will see the line [Launcher]. Directly underneath this, copy the following text: bEnableFileSelection=1
  6. Save and Close
  7. Open Fallout4.ini with your favourite text editor.
  8. Find the line that reads: sResourceDataDirsFinal=STRINGS\
  9. Replace this with the following text: Pay attention to punctuation, spelling and spaces as if you get anything wrong it will not work. easiest way is to copy from here and paste to the ini file sResourceDataDirsFinal=STRINGS\, TEXTURES\, MUSIC\, SOUND\, INTERFACE\, MESHES\, PROGRAMS\, MATERIALS\, LODSETTINGS\, VIS\, MISC\, SCRIPTS\, SHADERSFX\
  10. Save and close...

You're ready to get modding :smile:

Problem solved.

You probably have whitespace after this guy "SHADERSFX\" in fallout4.ini and NMM apparently checks lines by exact matching... so it filters out your modifications to ini files %)

Akaviral wrote: Same here. I've scoured for answers but all were futile in helping :sad:

Okay. so here's the deal. I finally found the solution and this may be useless for you but worth a shot to share knowledge.. Under [Archive] where all the SHADERSFX\, etc. stuff is, look for "sResourceDataDirsFinal=" under it. I had more than one and instead of replacing the one in the MIDDLE of the [Archive] area, I copied the new line under [Archive]. So I'd suggest checking the Fallout4.ini file to see if you copied it under the rest and didn't replace it instead. I sincerely hope this helps.

Nope that ain't it. Thank you though.

Nevermind this post!

I found my problem, and its solution; here - http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/tracker/issue-47245-cant-roll-back-to-previous-version-of-nmm/

My problem is now resolved, I have my previous version of NMM working again, and all my 200+ Skyrim mods intact and still working!

I would advise if you do not have Fall Out 4; then do NOT upgrade to NNM v0.61... as it will reset ALL your mods for your older games.

Edited by cjc75

Is this version like the previous good versions? I had to downgrade because of the s#*! system with profiles.

Sorry, let me rephrase. The version that had me reinstall all my 200 or so mods in the right order a couple of days after doing it the first place.

In response to post #30809865.

Reeper64 wrote:

well a lot of my skyrim mods wont install with this so I wont be playing skyrim again because I don't have version 6 .0 nomore I hate this all its done has made it so I cany play the game I like best so wont be using the new one at all

Thanks for this info...there is NO way I am sacrificing Skyrim for FO4 I love SKyrim more so I will wait until all this gets sorted out thanks a bunch