why is there so much garbage on fo4 nexus right now.

srsparky32

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The mods are lame because it's a bunch of kids doing anything just to get a mod up. Way I see it - good for them for being creative. Maybe sometime in the future they will release something worthwhile. The real problem is that it is very time consuming to sort out the few diamonds in the rough. I am just amazed by the sheer number of low quality mods that have already been released

^^^

Do you really think that SkyUI, Wet and Cold, Climates of Tamriel and SMIM came out a week after Skyrim launched? Don't be stupid.

obviously i understand good mods take time. i also dont remember skyrims early modding being this terrible.

Do you really think that SkyUI, Wet and Cold, Climates of Tamriel and SMIM came out a week after Skyrim launched? Don't be stupid.

obviously i understand good mods take time. i also dont remember skyrims early modding being this terrible.

It was.

And everyone has to start somewhere. Some folks are encouraged and given places to learn more and grow to be great modders. Some folks are told their mods are low-quality trash and never learn more, never become better modders and leave the community never again to darken its door. As we can not predict who will be more than they are now-I prefer to keep this all in mind and point folks to places here or like Tes Alliance where folks are helped to learn the specifics of modding.

And to be honest, I'd rather have a hundred of simplistic mods with people who want to learn more and are encouraged to do so...than someone who posts things like this with only the intent to bring everyone down.

Too bad you are forced to use all those mods...oh wait...you are not.

It's always terrible at the beginning. I'm just irritated that there's already a set of tits dominating the front page. Not really surprised though. It's only a matter of time before 80% of all of the front page is hairdews and underwear for piper. Waifu simulator 2015/16. The other 20% will be the s#*! normal people care about. One or two top big mods like fook or project nevada, The main UI mod, the main bug fix mod, a few other big mods, blahblahblah. But mostly just tits and outfits.

Historically, nude mods and cheat mods are always the first kinds of mods to be made. The reason for this is simple, these are things that can usually be done without too much effort, meanwhile are something that people can do while they figure out various aspects of the file system. This is why, up till recently, pretty much the only mods that people have been able to do have been retextures, save files, or .bat files which mostly just duplicate console commands for those people too inept to use the console. It's that people are desperate to make their mark, while others are desperate for anything which changes their game.

What is starting to happen now is that mods are being made in .esp format which contains primarily edited forms. Most of these still have some bugs being worked out here and there, but overall there is progress. We won't have vast and polished mods for FO4 like what Skyrim currently has any time soon... But it also took Skyrim a good year or two before substantial mods started appearing. This is just the nature of things. A large number of modders won't even try to do anything serious until after all the DLC and patching has happened simply because they don't want to have to go back and try and fix things that were broken by a patch.

You know anything that improve or add to my game even by a small margin is good enough for me.

As long as it doesn't make my game easier in any way it is all good in the hood.

The first person that make workshop objects placeable when overlapping or add custom blueprints and prefabs can have my Fallout babies.

OP makes the failure of thinking everything he doesn't like is garbage. Imho all the Mods he stated are, by his definition, garbage as well. Who needs trizillionk texture Mods?

If there's people that like to cheat let them. If I was the OP, I'd rather be concerned about the fact that something as trivial as this is infuriating me.

The keyword is acceptance, if you do not like it move on, and keep your uncalled opinion for yourself.