Poor Simmers...

tonicmole

EA are going out of their way to limit modding so they can maximise their profits, this on top of the damage paid mods had already done to the community, I'm surprised anyone still bothers with it.

I happened to check Steam stats just two months after The Witcher 3 was released. more people were playing Skyrim...I personally didn't start really losing interest in Skyrim until just this last spring, and I got the game on PC two weeks after release.

The Witcher Steam numbers wouldn't have included those playing the game purchased from other outlets, GOG etc.

The Witcher Steam numbers wouldn't have included those playing the game purchased from other outlets, GOG etc.

I thought GOG only sells old games?

And had no idea other games outlets doesn't need steam. Still, the bulk of sales was from steam. At least for the pc version.

Skyrim is still played today because of mods, RPing and other elements. Since the witcher 3 is one static character, why not be done with it 100% and not play again til maybe tow years later again?

That is how I feel about such games.

I thought GOG only sells old games?

And had no idea other games outlets doesn't need steam. Still, the bulk of sales was from steam. At least for the pc version.

Skyrim is still played today because of mods, RPing and other elements. Since the witcher 3 is one static character, why not be done with it 100% and not play again til maybe tow years later again?

That is how I feel about such games.

I would also point out that Witcher is a completely different kind of game from Skyrim. It's much more involved since it is much more narrative. You can't just start it one day, take a break for a few weeks and come back later without losing track of what you were doing or why you should care. I started Witcher 3, got involved with something else, then it started getting patches and DLC discouraging me from continuing due to new additions or changes. This further complicated by what mods you might have had, which were not always kept up to date before the next patch came out. As it stands for me, Witcher 3 is a game I'm saving for a time when I am looking at a long stretch where I won't have internet (since it can be run outside of Steam) and lacks any forced online components. Also waiting for all of the patching and DLC to be done before really delving back into it. FO4 will likely be the same way once it starts entering into a cycle of patches and mod updates.

That right, done the same with bioshock 2, left it for a while then came back hardly knowing what going on. Then heard a screech and ended up dead. I quick saved before a big sister on hard, and even forget how to heal. Had to start over.

Come when I think of it, I'm sure I was in a middle of something while playing metro, well dame.

While Tw3 is a different game from Skyrim, they are still the same in a way. I mean Both are not linear, open world, action games with RPG elements where the main quest to be ignored for the sake side quests. The time sink that takes way more than 20 hours average many other games offers kind of game. You know what I mean.

EA are going out of their way to limit modding so they can maximise their profits, this on top of the damage paid mods had already done to the community, I'm surprised anyone still bothers with it.

They had paid mods? Dame, that surly left some issues and problems since their modding community is small and weak.

I hope EA will sell sims to someone better, I know many simmers who only play those kind of stuff and it a big series that left it mark since so long ago it just sad to see it in this state today. Even if another series replaced it, it just won't be the same.

They had paid mods? Dame, that surly left some issues and problems since their modding community is small and weak.

I hope EA will sell sims to someone better, I know many simmers who only play those kind of stuff and it a big series that left it mark since so long ago it just sad to see it in this state today. Even if another series replaced it, it just won't be the same.

EA's mentality towards games is, and always has been to take a franchise and ride it head first into the ground as hard as possible, laughing at their profits along the way. Look at Sim City. Even after a game is a steaming pile of wreckage, they'll still hold onto the trademarks so that they can release another version at a later date for the sake of nostalgia, but completely screw over fans in every way possible... Like with Dungeon Keeper. EA only cares about the money they squeeze out of every franchise they have ever touched within the last 20 years, so I wouldn't get your hopes up.