Preparing for the Enclave Return mod

jonnyetiz

The armor in Fallout 4 is the armor from Fallout 2.

If you want the Power Armor from Fallout 3, that isn't hard, but porting it is basically not worth the effort and against the law, It would be much easier to build it from a base power armor pulled from Fallout 4 anyways.

If that is what you want me to build, challenge accepted. I will work on it after Nifskope is up and running and fully tested, and I will build it from a Fallout 4 Power Armor base so it can animate when you go in and out.

I've been looking for Power Armor to sculpt anyways.

Only rule I have, if your mod is never completed, then the rights to the armor go back to me.

We already have a modeler. If you don't agree to my terms(not about porting), then you cant work on my project. I was hoping you could lend an extra hand, but I can tell we wouldn't get along. Have a nice day.

I'd like to point out here how rude you're being. It's clear to me that Bacon is not only offering his modeling services, but offering up legal information that would be of great use to you.

And another thing, what terms are you referring to? That he wants to use his model if the Enclave Returns mod is never finished? For a free complete suit of power armor, that sounds completely fair, and not warranting of any kind of backlash.

I will say, however, that Bacon's advice could have been worded better. Still not-deserving of this kind of reaction.

Its not his advice/his rights, its the fact he refuses to do the APA, which we already have set plans for. If he agrees to those terms then it he will be fine.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, APA is basically already in the game as the X-01 armor.

Now this is where I cause conflict, sure, the X-01 is good and all, but its simply not the same. You have to look closely to see differences, but it seems way too bulky, and some differences can be seen quite easily when compared side-by-side.

Now this is where I cause conflict, sure, the X-01 is good and all, but its simply not the same. You have to look closely to see differences, but it seems way too bulky, and some differences can be seen quite easily when compared side-by-side.

Maybe it's because all Power Armor was made bulkier for 4 to accommodate the new mechanics? Regardless, you could probably just modify the existing mesh.

I was certain this was a misunderstanding. A modified X-01 is what we're looking for to bring it more in line with the APA style. We're not looking to break laws or duplicate effort, we're just looking to keep in line with a somewhat updated but still recognizably Enclave thing. I think both sides in this discussion misunderstood the desires of the other and things got blown out of proportion. No one was actually being all that unresonable, they just weren't being as clear and courteous as they could've been.

Maybe it's because all Power Armor was made bulkier for 4 to accommodate the new mechanics? Regardless, you could probably just modify the existing mesh.

Yeah, we still want to keep the look of the Remnants armor in FNV, which is as I said the closest version to the APA, and there is a fan on the back that we want to keep. You can also see there aren't the sort of tanks there are on the back of all power armors in Fallout 4. Our plan is to actually add a new power armor frame, we know the basics of doing that, and hopefully it will go as planned. We just want everything to look genuine, and Bacon is right that we cant port it over, so we will just have our modeler do that. He still hasn't talked to me, but Kenny said he would help, so I am about 99% sure we now have a modeler. I may seem unorthodox, but I feel like this will still work out.

I am kind of lost on what you guys have been talking about but yeah the X01 is not the same as a MK1/2, they are fairly similar and we can take this into advantage by pretty much remodeling an x01 using parts of the MK1/2, or better yet, use a T60 given that it is the least bulkier APA and just model it to look like both APA's from fallout 3

BTW jonny

I gave our 3d artist your details he will get in contact with you soon.

Edited by kennyimpala

I am kind of lost on what you guys have been talking about but yeah the X01 is not the same as a MK1/2, they are fairly similar and we can take this into advantage by pretty much remodeling an x01 using parts of the MK1/2, or better yet, use a T60 given that it is the least bulkier APA and just model it to look like both APA's from fallout 3

BTW jonny

I gave our 3d artist your details he will get in contact with you soon.

Just saying I was referring to the APA as the Advanced Power Armor Mk. I/II