Stop the repeating minutemen quests

goatcha

Personally I would be happy just to get rid of the quest timers. Repeatable quests are fine, but when they are forced on me AND timed...ugh. This is the one "feature" I could really do without.

Hopefully once the GECK is released it will be a simple variable or checkbox, easily modded out. If anyone can do this with the current modding tools though...

And most annoying is also that they get herassed by raider gangs that are literally on the oposit side of the map. Like wtf?

I would love to have a mod like this. I don't mind the defending missions, they are rare if your defense is high enough compared to the production.
But those useless "Oh there is 2 ghouls 2000 miles away, please do something" is really pissing me off. Its also the main reason why i only got 4 settlements in my second playthrough.

THIS IS ALREADY A MOD AVAILABLE ON NEXUS

And by linking to it, you save people the trouble of having to guess what the file might be called. http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/3456/?tab=11&navtag=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nexusmods.com%2Ffallout4%2Fajax%2Ffeedsmod%2F%3Fid%3D3456&pUp=1

You also might notice that the mod was uploaded sometime after this topic was first created, so maybe take that into consideration. Just giving you some netiquette pointers.

These quests annoy me greatly. Wishes/requests for mods

1/ Have to ask Garvey for extra quests not just given when speaking to him or arrive at a settlement and be asked for help. Referring mainly to the help a settlement in order to get them to join, whichever type of quest it decides to go with.

2/ Help defend settlement, only 1 active at a time and defense will determine how much damage may occur.

3/ Settlement guards will help themselves to some kind of security supplies so that they aren't equipped with a pipe pistol and fatigues when a supermutant with rocket launcher shows up. I know this can be done with console commands but i would prefer to do something with the substantial amount of weapons and gear i find in normal missions etc.

4/ Auto-repair of defenses and objects after settlement has been defended.

5/ Attacks will be reduced if problem locations nearby are [cleared].

6/ Settlements that you overrun personally won't get you busted for stealing even though the settlement is now yours. Don't want to spoiler which one, but its well defended and requires a familiar test on entry, built a new settlement around it but got busted for stealing when emptying certain containers probably other places too but not noticed them.

Realise that some of these have been addressed and that there may be workarounds for others (console commands), but thought i would throw these out there.

i used a lot of thing from nexus... and i also was upset by this repeated task essentialy because the timer is too short. Build a few explore a few then do this quest AGAIN or fail. That dont let much time to pass since they are 2 and instant repeat after done.

I was so upset i shut down them completely... it was not really my wish ... i only wanted to remove the auto fail part so i ll do them when i want...

I mean i have rescued the colony all i have to do is report to preston. But even that is timed to fail. WTF ? i have a timer for tell to preston they are saved or it count as unsaved ?

So...

on my game i do NOT have any of those quest atm. I have talked to preston finished the old one and since i m free !!!! just some raid on colony than i can help to defend but no more task for them. No more kidnaping...

With Fo4edit in Story Manager Quest Node

000A02C2 MinutemenRandomEvents

I put The HNAM - Unknown from 72.000000 to 72000.00000 perhaps i havnt disabled them ... i supposed it some sort of timer...

And

XNAM - Max concurrent quests : 2 to 10

since the event is Do all before repeating... the game wait i have done the 10 quest i supposed but since he only gived me 2.... i m FREE i tell you ! No more FAIL or stop to play.