Do you think vanilla Skyrim will look as good as modded Oblivion?

SushiRush

If you have the right graphical mods for Oblivion, (Not just Quals Texture Pack and Natural Enviorments) you know that you can make the game look pretty darn good. I'm starting to wonder if vanilla Skyrim can live up to modded Oblivion graphics wise.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ohKhbKg4US0&feature=related

Except for NPC faces though, they look disgusting even with mods.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey, I recognize that video! hahahaha

I have a feeling that vanilla Skyrim will look better...however, if you like things like Depth of Field and heavy shader effects, maybe not. Then again, they are touting their new particle effects...so...http://www.thenexusforums.com/public/style_emoticons/dark/teehee.gif

well...ive never played Oblivion on pc, but i still think Skyrim will look better than fully loaded Oblivion because fully loaded Oblivion...is really......not THAT much different is it? just a few changes here and there that you may not even notice? from what ive read, Skyrim utilizes a new engine (lets see, what has been displayed in the trailer; better faces, better bodies, perhaps a little more diversity in the landscape like the trees for example, many of the animations much different, spells look like...spells..., sprinting blurs the screen, much more that i did not mention that imo will contribute to the immersion factor...you can sugarcoat Oblivion but it doesnt seem to compare to what ive seen of TESV so far; take a look at that trailer of Skyrim when it shows the various towns if you dont agree with me)

the more eye candy added to the base game

the smaller the available market for the product

so - it'll probably look better than un-modded oblivion

but not as good as a maxed out version.

the more eye candy added to the base game

the smaller the available market for the product

so - it'll probably look better than un-modded oblivion

but not as good as a maxed out version.

U dont think Slyrim will match up to Maxed out Oblivion? Why? What about Oblivion can contend with Skyrim graphics wise? if the shots and vids from the trailer truly represent the final product....how can Olivion compare? besides the water lol.

It seems like they have put much more work into making Skyrim scenic. So on the large scale, I think that Syrim will look much much better.

Up close it may be different with the high resolution texture replacers available for Oblivion.

Effect wise, I do not know if dynamic DoF or Godrays be in vanilla Skyrim. Godrays would be nice in Skyrim so I hope they have them but I could do without DoF.

While you can doctor Oblivion up to make still screenshots or time lapse scenes breath taking the almost robotic animations, short draw distance, etc. will make Oblivion look like an Atari game compared to Skyrim.

While you can doctor Oblivion up to make still screenshots or time lapse scenes breath taking the almost robotic animations, short draw distance, etc. will make Oblivion look like an Atari game compared to Skyrim.

Good point. The gamebryo engine has reached its lifespan a long time ago. I can't believe those idiots at Obsidian tried to milk it for the last amounts of money. Fallout New Vegas could have been a great game.

It's hard to say

What I am sure about is that Skyrim will have the potential to blow even a fully modded Oblivion out of the water.

The issue is that the developers have to strike a balance between producing something that is going to play on the vast majority of current gaming PCs, with the relatively small number of people who want uber-graphics.