Body Slot Map - Early consensus?

PlagueHush

As things stand these are untested best guesses from what Bethesda have assigned to the various armor items available in Fallout4.esm. Equally some of the slots that are used for, say, the backpack on an eyebot may have weird effects when used on the human skeleton. These kinds of feedback about removing heads and the pipboy are essential to making the list more correct :)

From your experience it sounds like slot 32 might actually be what slot 50 or 51 were used for in Skyrim: decapitating the human model. If the observation that the slot assignment seems to run from head to toe holds true this would actually fit quite well.

I'll add a note to the list about the head removal from slot 32 :D

I don't think I can be of any help at the moment, since I am just a 3d modeler, but I think it is great that this is being decided on early.

I will follow whatever consensus is agreed on here, and if there is anything I can do to help, just let me know.

i'm playing around with other slots, slot 52 appears to be used in the power armor helm.

looking through FO4Edit the helms all seem to use these slots:

30 - head primary
31 - hair
32 - decapitate?
46 - head secondary
47 - eyewear
48 - nose
49 - mouth
50 - neck
52 - ??

i tweaked the backpack mod to use slot 52 and am told that i "cannot equip while in power armor". if i force equip using the console the powerarmor helm is removed. it seems unlikely this is the right hand if it's part of the helm.

this slot seems to work ok for a backpack though as getting into power armor with slot 52 equipped does not force the item to be unequipped, and it'll still be equipped when you exit the power armor.

I have a pretty comprehensive working model just endorsed by shaikujin on the Nexus.

New apparel layers and number of equipment slots in each layer:

Clothing Layers:
Underwear x1
Attire x1
Outerwear x1
Unsorted Apparel may work as Attire or Outerwear. Underwear should be called "Sub Dermal Armor" instead of Long Johns as it effectively adds a layer of second skin or "girth" to the character instead of having the Long John texture.

Accessory Layers:
Pipboy x1
Rings x8
Gloves x1
Backpack x1
Eyewear x1
Masks x1
(Masks with goggles will unequip Eyewear but more glasses can be worn in flight helmets and gas masks can now be worn with helmets)
Headgear x1
(Working to enable wigs and some hats to be worn under helmets)

Armor Layers:
Leather, Metal and Synth Armor Pieces x5
Power Armor Pieces x6

Layerable Apparel:
http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/3368/?

Edited by th3t3rr1bl30n3