Love

OddGuy

I suppose before you can love somone one you must find somone willing to love you. I have had relationships with the ladies, that have lead to really nothing more than bordom when not makin "lust" (changed word to to be more fitting) I don't think I have ever been loved by a woman in a relationship sense. I really don't even know if that emotion exist or if it's not just really liking somone because your excited to be with them. When I feel other emotions they change me in a way, their powerful not just strongly moving, but powerful or compelling. I guess the love people speak of can be like that but I have never expierenced it and have no proof to it's existance.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
bah, at my age (14) ive only had a relationship with only 3 different girls (not at the same time ;) ) and to be honest, i dont care about it at my age, probably when im around 19-20, but most people develop an interest eventually, but as many people have said, "words are useless"

There is, as Angalacon and Pikeman mentioned, chemicals stimulating the body for sexual reporduction. But there is another occasion where love, or more of a severe bonding, will occur. In times of extreme distress, shock, or disaster, a man or woman may latch onto and seemingly fall in love with an individual who became closer to him or her through an exclusive isolation or event.

Love and dating among teenagers, in my opinion, is almost completely superficial. Teenagers see each other at most 6-7 hours a day. Many degrees of a person are expressed in those other 17-18 hours. Peer pressure to ask out the most attractive girl plays a large part in most teenage relationships, which is why they often tend to fracture.

Love is knowing that without that person your life would be worthless.

Love is forgiving that person no matter what they throw at you.

Love is the butterflies in your stomach everytime you know you will see that person.

Love is the wish to please and impress, even if that person loves you just the way you are.

Love is acceptance of a person, despite their faults.

And as for all of the rubbish about teenagers cannot be "in love" I'm 17 and i absolutely, completely and utterly am in love with my boyfriend. He drives me mad, but the thought of ever being without him makes me feel ill. I annoy everyone i know by showing them the things he buys and the txts he sends> I get butterflies in my stomach everytime i know im going to see him, even if its only hours since the last time. I feel comfortable with him and he is the only person who truly knows me. He makes me smile, laugh and feel good whenever i see him.

An most importantly he makes me forget all the sh*t that life has thrown at me recently, and lets me know that, despite what i think, there is a point to my life. ^_^

True Love allows us to accept ourselves for who and what we are, and gives us the oppourtnity to do the same for another. It holds its own rewards. Just seeing that special someone happy and knowing that its you who made them that way make you feel like nothing else ever can.

Edit: The sex is also good :lol:

• 7 years later...

Necroing threads? I didn´t realize that an open thread was dead. I started a new thread on love and it got deleted, so I checked if there were any old threads and found at least 2 and consequently posted in them. Is this some unwritten rule of forums that I should be aware of? To let an old thread die a dignified death and not post in it? If the thread is open and I´m interested in it, then I will post in it. If this "necroing" is bad, then why don´t the moderators delete all old threads after a certain time of inactivity?

Someone should have read The Rules. -mm