Database Breach - An Update

Dark0ne

• Replies 547
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you're being notified from HaveIBeenPwned, then yes, it's from this same breach that was announced in this news post.

And since my account was created in 2015, that means that the breach happened much more recently than you claim in your post. Please comment.

Edited by electricpear

In response to post #33433010.

electricpear wrote:

If you're being notified from HaveIBeenPwned, then yes, it's from this same breach that was announced in this news post.

And since my account was created in 2015, that means that the breach happened much more recently than you claim in your post. Please comment.

I checked the email address you are using for your "electricpear" username and it does not exist in the HaveIBeenPwned database.

Please PM me your email address, as it's likely you have an old account using the email address you think is linked to the account you're using now, but isn't.

electricpear wrote:

I checked the email address you are using for your "electricpear" username and it does not exist in the HaveIBeenPwned database.

Please PM me your email address, as it's likely you have an old account using the email address you think is linked to the account you're using now, but isn't.

You appear to be correct. I do seem to have two accounts. Thanks for responding. Sorry for the misplaced accusation.

In response to post #33435680.

askrenes wrote:

electricpear wrote:

You appear to be correct. I do seem to have two accounts. Thanks for responding. Sorry for the misplaced accusation.

No problem, just obviously glad it's not the case!

I went to change my password and got re-directed to the forums. I was presented with a forum page that told me "Sorry, you don't have permission for that!" appeared.

Odd, since I've been registered on the forums and the site since 2006. So I thought, I'd pm someone about it... redirected to "Sorry, you don't have permission for that!".

Then I thought i'd click on 'help documentation' - got fired back to "Sorry, you don't have permission for that!". so cant contact anyone bit of a catch 22..

Pfiuu what a mess,

You make incredible work with this.

I 100% agree with Groogo, good luck to you guys.

Edit: Oh and don't be afraid to mail everybody, it is an important news to share, cause it lead to personnal matters even if pswrd are not broken. Inform people is the key.

Edited by DeklanLePek