NMM 0.61.3 fixes for Fallout 4

TheTokenGeek

In response to post #31669955. #31673750, #31673880, #31676115, #31682985, #31683650, #31700700 are all replies on the same post.

keh520 wrote: I found it pretty easy to workaround this issue yesterday by running NMM, running the launcher, then re-checking everything in the NMM list. I can't believe how quickly you guys came up with a real solution to the problem. Thank you! Bigger problem: why the heck is Bethesda sabotaging our ability to mod? Also changed yesterday: used to be able to get to the "data files" menu on the launcher by clicking the bright spot under the right eye of the helmet- that is gone too. Is Bethesda attempting to stop us from modding and what prompted that departure from the Bethesda model?
khmp wrote: I just think that if they wanted to prevent modding they'd have taken a better step to do it. Quite possibly a wrong assumption and you may be correct. Again just a different look at the same issue.

Or... tinfoil hats on. A push to use third party tools that circumvent the launcher! *dramatic music cue*

Also many thanks for updating NMM Fabio.
BeingShotAt wrote: I think you're jumping to conclusions
sneakykatze82 wrote: This was not a "sabotage" or any attempt to stop modding. Mods break when updates happen. It's actually just that simple.

Edit: Also, the mod list is still there when you click the helm on the vanilla launcher.
torguemada wrote: It sure as heck isn't that. the new launcher flat out disables all mod when started.

But no i dont see this as evidence of them trying to sabotage us, i would at this point assume they just made an honest mistake and pushed the beta patch directly to live(beta patches have this same "feature", but it actually makes sense there)
fgambler wrote: Bethesda probably thought the patch would break a lot of mods, and therefore the game itself, so they would get wrong bug reports about the patch that were in fact related to outdated mods. So for me it makes sense. But they could've at least announced it.

Anyway everyone knows the risks of modding.
torguemada wrote: Not very likely, the patch barely changes anything and im pretty sure it breaks exactly zero mods.

I agree with torguemada. People are reading way too much into this. I'm pretty sure they just rolled the beta patch to live and forgot to switch the ability to allow mods back on. If you've ever been on the side of patching software, these kinds of mistakes happen all the time.

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My problem is: Updated FO4 then allowed NMM to update. Run NMM only to see that mods uncheck every startup. Tried reinstalling 1 mod (esp type), problem persists. One thing I noticed is that I can no longer click the HELM at FO4 Launcher, the DATA window does not open any more. Any help? Thanks.

I don't know what is going on with this latest update, my game was running perfectly before upgrading to the latest nmm, my mods were as stable as mods this early before the geck can be, I had no real problems with crashes or anything at all.

Since installing the new NMM I have gone through the following issues.

1: The game still unchecks all my mods, still trying to bypass that similarly to older version.

2: Even when all mods were checked again, a lot of the mods were missing ingame.

3: Then all of a sudden no matter if I launch it through the launcher or NMM, where when I click play, launcher closes and then launcher reopens.

Note: I have no changed any mods. I have not changed any settings, etc.. Only thing I have done is install the latest version of NMM.

I didnt need to update NMM. Running the game from FO4 tools works fine for me.

The problem is I am experiencing a lot of new bugs after this patch... like conversations being weird, and small kinda bugs everywhere, which didnt exist before the patch. Ayone else?

In response to post #31714030.

TheFPSmachine wrote: My problem is: Updated FO4 then allowed NMM to update. Run NMM only to see that mods uncheck every startup. Tried reinstalling 1 mod (esp type), problem persists. One thing I noticed is that I can no longer click the HELM at FO4 Launcher, the DATA window does not open any more. Any help? Thanks.

Open NMM and make sure all your mods and plugins are checked. Go to C://Users->user>appdata->local->fallout4

Set plugins.txt to read only then run Fallout.

Edited by HypnoToad96

Doesn't work.

The launcher still unchecks all of the mods upon startup.

Mods still work, though. I just have to keep using the workaround method, of opening NMM, then the FO Launcher, then rechecking all the mods.

Sure will be happy when the GECK is out next year.

Is annoying but for the ones still strugging, i have the steam version and that version opens the launcher twice, if you click anywhere in the launcher (not play of course) the second time, you can see how it disables all the plugins in the NMM, you must recheck all boxes before click "Play" in the launcher, annoying but works. Edited by jananger