NMM 0.61.3 fixes for Fallout 4

TheTokenGeek

In response to post #31718855. #31719265, #31728140, #31728760 are all replies on the same post.

the1337azerty wrote: It doesn't change anything.
My esp are unchecked each time I launch the game.
Malik1 wrote: same here.
HypnoToad96 wrote: Open NMM and make sure all your mods and plugins are checked. Go to C://Users->user>appdata->local->fallout4

Set plugins.txt to read only then run Fallout.
CaptCliff wrote: It worked for me. Took a while for the updater to work but when it did, it did.

You might want to manually remove NMM and replace it. Big pain. Make sure you check all your paths before you remove it.

Are you launching the game directly from NMM?

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #31718855. #31719265, #31728140, #31728760, #31729470 are all replies on the same post.

HypnoToad96 wrote: Open NMM and make sure all your mods and plugins are checked. Go to C://Users->user>appdata->local->fallout4

CaptCliff wrote: It worked for me. Took a while for the updater to work but when it did, it did.

You might want to manually remove NMM and replace it. Big pain. Make sure you check all your paths before you remove it.
ZedLeppelin wrote: Are you launching the game directly from NMM?

just a quick question for those changing plugin.txt to read only. Does that affect you loading new mods? I didn't need to do this so I'm not sure if it does or doesn't but it was a question I would have.

In response to post #31718855. #31719265, #31728140, #31728760, #31729470, #31731095 are all replies on the same post.

ptelin wrote: just a quick question for those changing plugin.txt to read only. Does that affect you loading new mods? I didn't need to do this so I'm not sure if it does or doesn't but it was a question I would have.

NMM can't magically fix your plugins.txt file if the new F4 patch already purged it.
You need to go in the NMM plugins tab and enable the plugins you need.
Also you should use NMM to launch F4.

In response to post #31718855. #31719265, #31728140, #31728760, #31729470, #31731095, #31731335 are all replies on the same post.

ptelin wrote: just a quick question for those changing plugin.txt to read only. Does that affect you loading new mods? I didn't need to do this so I'm not sure if it does or doesn't but it was a question I would have.
DuskDweller wrote: NMM can't magically fix your plugins.txt file if the new F4 patch already purged it.
You need to go in the NMM plugins tab and enable the plugins you need.
Also you should use NMM to launch F4.

@ptelin
Yes, if you've set your plugins.txt to read only, you will need to first go back and uncheck it again, before you install any new mod that uses an .esp file. You can always create a desktop shortcut to your plugins.txt file to make it easier.

Keep in mind that a downside to making it read only is each time you run NMM it will ask if you want to set it back to default, and if you choose "No" you will not be able to manage your plugins. So answer yes, but then know you'll want to go back into plugins.txt and recheck it.

Or, don't make plugins.txt read only and instead update NMM, make sure all your plugins are checked in it, then use NMM to launch Fallout 4 each time.
Edited by ZedLeppelin

For those who for whatever reason don't want to update NMM and use it to launch Fallout 4, you can use one of these methods in this video by the always awesome Gopher.

There are several options (two of which are in the video) to get around this issue, and one of them should work for you. Good luck!

Edited by ZedLeppelin

In response to post #31733790.

joshx336 wrote: For some reason my NMM is not installing mods in it's proper place...and the funny thing is just started doing it...crazy s#*! :(

And also mods that suppose to give you options when installing are not opening up!!!

In response to post #31698730.

JAPguns wrote: Is anyone else having a crash every time you try to go to red rocket settlement? I can play all night with no issues but as soon as I go to red rocket it crashes.

Do you have any mods installed? If so, which ones? Also, have you used the console to manipulate anything at that particular settlement? There are some mods out that *potentially* could cause issues. Those would be the ones that are trying to mod the game so you can "clean up" the trash in your settlements.

Also, many people are having issues when they try to modify game objects with the "disable" and "markfordelete" commands in the console. If you don't know what you are doing, you can break all kinds of stuff...including main quests, among others. This may be causing your CTD when you enter that Cell. Does it happen when you walk to the settlement, or just when you fast travel?

I have only used ones like the power mod to make generators make more power, one to make water pumps make more water, one to make a new power pole to allow power to non-connected devices have power instead of running wires near by. the green grass and trees have leaves and finally the one that turns the original house into prewar. I did not do any of the expanded settlements or the clean up the trash ones. It happens both when I fast travel and walk to it. I have not how ever tried to play after rebooting my computer today. I did try to shut off a mod at a time to see which one is doing it last night but didn't try them all before I called it quits and went to bed. I did not do any console commands to manipulate anything either.... Follow up I also had the more stuff to build and the brighter lights one. I disabled them all and it still crashes on travel to the rocket gas station.

Edited by JAPguns

In response to post #31733555.

Grumpyhouse wrote: Worked for a momment, but now I'm stuck in a never-ending launcher loop. I hit Launch in NMM, it opens the FO4 launcher, I hit play & get the FO4 launcher over & over.

I have the same problem